Best use of 3+ hours of film (other than Magnolia)?

Started by ShanghaiOrange, December 17, 2003, 03:12:41 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: SoNowThen on October 30, 2007, 04:48:49 AM
If it means anything to you, the last half is more narrative driven, less wank, and overall tighter than the first half. These words are of course relative, as Rivette movies can't really be described with "narrative driven" and "tighter", but anyways...

You made it through the hard parts, seriously, just see all of the rest of it. It's an experience, if nothing else.

the last half was two sundays ago and i didn't go.

i read the remaining "plot" on wikipedia. safe to say i'll never watch it. i don't regret it.
under the paving stones.

samsong

i just/finally saw chantal akerman's jeanne dielman.  c'est bon.  tres tres bon.

godardian

Quote from: samsong on December 14, 2007, 12:03:28 PM
i just/finally saw chantal akerman's jeanne dielman.  c'est bon.  tres tres bon.

Où l'as-tu vu, et comment? Est-ce que tu l'as vu sur le nouveau DVD français...? (Et la question la plus importante: Est-ce qu'il y a sous-titres en anglais?)*

*Where did you see it, and how? Was it on the new French DVD...? (And the most important question: Are there English subtitles?)
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.