INHERENT VICE (No Major Spoilers)

Started by cronopio 2, December 02, 2010, 09:51:28 AM

Axolotl

jenkins

he's proudly noticing a movie's trailer isn't the full movie, to defend the rights and privileges of trailers and their viewers i guess

not really. you said that the trailer was showing the movies jokes and that it wasn't beneficial. and i said that the trailer didn't seem to do that at all. you've seen the movie, so if you're saying that the jokes in the film are given away by the trailer, i was joking by saying that must be pretty weird as the trailer doesn't give away that much. yall can try and twist what i said into something negative as usual but what i said makes perfect logical sense and was completely harmless.

jenkins

so you're saying that you don't get the jokes in the trailer to their full effect and you're feeling excited about discovering the big pic. right on. i don't like knowing the jokes beforehand, is what i was saying

settled

Pozer

if you guys are specifically talking about that teaser, it plays more like non-sequitur "next week on Mad Men" snippets. the trailer too, really. snippets of incomplete jokes maybe. i mean, but that's me, you know, idk. or however the fuck you kids are talking these days.   

Drenk

If you're in LA: a screening the first of december.

It seems to be free.

https://inherentvice.wbmoviescreenings.com

Bonus: PTA is Plainview's brother.

Totally Plainview.

Ascension.

Pozer

Google Hangout interview on IV with Josh B

Drenk

"There were things that Joaquin and I did that were insane."

(No major spoilers, as the thread says, but they mention some stuff from the movie.)

Ascension.

Lottery

SailorOfTheSeas

Can someone who's watched the film go into detail about what JG's soundtack is like? Ive been listening to the twbb and master ost all fucking day for about week and am tired of hearing critics kinda reference it but not going into any depth. need sum xixaxian detaiiill and insighttt

greenberryhill

have you seen this? the web site has an animated banner now  :yabbse-grin:

http://inherentvicemovie.com/

i just watched the interview with brolin and i think its amazing that he disses oldboy.

jenkins

porgy

has anyone heard of any showings coming up for the Dec 12 release outside of NY and LA? I live in a small-ish city near a bigger city and the two 'arty' theaters here have yet to put it on their schedule and I couldn't find any info about it being shown in the bigger city nearby.  Usually some of the limited release things make it here.  it seems like it's close enough that it shouldn't be hard to find showings going on...