Will Eisner’s The Spirit

Started by MacGuffin, May 16, 2007, 12:44:18 AM

Chest Rockwell

January 16, 2009? Can't be a good thing when they're aiming for a release in the worst time of the year. Otherwise, I'm quite excited for this.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

edison

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

edison

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleepless

I'm so fucking fed up of these greenscreen make-it-look-exactly-like-the-comic-book movies. Go out and buy the fucking graphic novel kids. I know you hate to read, but there's plenty of pictures, I mean that's kinda the point...
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

The Perineum Falcon

that's, like, the worst shit ever.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

mogwai

i was into this just because scarlett is in it. but then she got married so i'm going to stalk someone else now.

Gold Trumpet

Filmically, it looks much more interesting than Sin City or 300. Those films get kudos from various people, but technically they were the equivalent of one note instruments being played. They had the same sky scheme and same repitition of effects being played through out. Sin City just made believe people it was good because it had some iorta of a story, but it was still nothing more than a standard noir gone weird. I believe the graphic novel to film transition is dependent upon how imaginative the filmmaking and visuals can be.

Already in these two trailers I see a lot more different camera effects and color variations. The film could still be sensory overload, but I don't believe it will be so without some attempt to bring in variety to what has already become a standard look in film. I'm hopeful this is a good piece of imaginative entertainment.

nix

Look schmook. The script and acting are clearly beyond laughable and no amount of slick, neo-noir 1s and 0s, monochromatic crap is gonna change that. Miller really has no clear understanding of how to translate a comic to film. His head is officially way too far up his own ass. Stick to funny books and keep your ham-handed, "I'm gonna kill you all kinds of dead" rubbish the fuck out of my cinemas. Oh, and take RR with you so he will stop encouraging QT to phone his films in.
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pas

Anyone saw this yet ? It looks so terrible, I want to know just how awful it is, does it become good again ?

Kal

It looks horrible and there are too many things to watch out there (like reruns of Seinfeld) before watching this shit. I'm also sick of Samuel Jackson.