Breaking Bad

Started by squints, February 25, 2009, 07:23:38 PM

Pozer

well said, Stefenovitch. double echo from me, Fernandino.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

lol, oh, that was bad.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

squints

i haven't seen passed episode 2 of season two....so i'm gonna delete this thread now.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

tpfkabi

Quote from: Fernando on June 15, 2010, 01:37:08 PM
nobody has said if gale was shot or not, at least to me is not very clear, when jesse pulls the trigger he moves the gun a little from his target, but who knows...

man the 10 month wait for S4 already is unbearable, longest wait indeed.

right.
with this show, gale could have fired that shot - maybe gale had just given Gus a notebook where he meticulously mapped out how to make it, etc. there are still possibilities until we actually see the dead body.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Stefen

No. Jesse shot Gale. In the face. Gale is dead. Vince Gilligan said as much in interviews today. He didn't mean for it to be ambiguous and he's kind of let down that people were taking it that way.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Fernando

^^ yeah, he's pretty clear about gale being shot.

here's the int@avclub.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/vince-gilligan,42064/

I Love a Magician

yeah, shot ol' gale in the face. gonna be interesting to see how they have jesse deal with murdering someone next season. walt's worst action so far in the series was to give jesse the order to kill jesse. he sort-of-indirectly led to the plane crash, but he guilted his surrogate son into murdering another person when he'd already shown that it was something he was incapable of doing.

walt

jtm

Quote from: modage on June 15, 2010, 02:59:25 PM
http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/06/adding_a_laugh_track_to_breaki.html

i gotta admit i laughed pretty hard at that. especially during the opening credits sequence. jesse in his blown-up yellow suit dancing to the music cue really had me rolling!

Stefen

The best was the ABC logo.

tpfkabi

Quote from: Stefen on June 15, 2010, 04:29:12 PM
he's kind of let down that people were taking it that way.

says the man who showed us a pink bear in a black and white world for ages...
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Stefen

Anyone ever told you you look into things a little too much?

socketlevel

Quote from: Stefen on June 16, 2010, 02:45:31 PM
Anyone ever told you you look into things a little too much?

Philistine... :P

Just watched it last night with my buddy (we always make sure to watch it together) and fucking loved it.  however, i will say i hope there is only one more season of this show or it will sadly jump the shark (nuke the fridge). because they're so deep in the shit now that to somehow clear the whole situation up and continue with walt and jesse doing their old shit will pale in comparison, and be sadly contrived. they have been forever written out of being dealer/cooks by my standard. they need to play out this drama and action to the tragic ending that will be in the next 12-13 episodes. every show that ever had to write themselves outta a dire situation like this has failed horribly.  end on a high note as one of the best series of all time, no swan songs.
the one last hit that spent you...

jtm

i cant get enough of these!

this would have to be my favorite:

squints

Just finished season 3. Walt is a horrible horrible person.
Don't wanna wait a year to see the rest. Season 4 should mos def be the last. Guess i won't delete the thread.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche