NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: S.R. on July 22, 2011, 01:44:14 AM
haha, you are a giant nerd who takes these things way too seriously. And you don't even have both consoles, yet you bust out the "from a gamer's perspective" crap? Come on, dawg.

I have both, and me personally, as in myself. I prefer the 360 controller and internet experience. Also like not getting hacked and my credit card stolen. I like the blu-ray on PS3 tho and I like Uncharted and The Last Guardian if it ever comes out.

I'm just fucking around in terms of taking the console war too personally.  I don't give a shit, I've just heard nothing but horror stories from 360 owners and the only bad thing about the PS3 was when the network went down for a while. 

I don't know Pubrick, but from the perspective of one who enjoys cinema, unless you already have a blu-ray player, the PS3 screams for attention.  I'm not here to reduce the 360 to a Sega Saturn or something, the 360 is decent console, but it dates itself in terms of having sided with HD over Blu.

I wouldn't get too worried, Pubes.  Or any 360 owner, really.  You bought it for games, I imagine, and there are so many cross-platform games as well as the 360's better selection of XBLA games, you should be in great shape to have some fun.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

Quote from: walrus, the on July 24, 2011, 10:53:37 PM
Quote from: S.R. on July 22, 2011, 01:44:14 AM
haha, you are a giant nerd who takes these things way too seriously. And you don't even have both consoles, yet you bust out the "from a gamer's perspective" crap? Come on, dawg.

I have both, and me personally, as in myself. I prefer the 360 controller and internet experience. Also like not getting hacked and my credit card stolen. I like the blu-ray on PS3 tho and I like Uncharted and The Last Guardian if it ever comes out.

I'm just fucking around in terms of taking the console war too personally.  I don't give a shit, I've just heard nothing but horror stories from 360 owners and the only bad thing about the PS3 was when the network went down for a while. 

I don't know Pubrick, but from the perspective of one who enjoys cinema, unless you already have a blu-ray player, the PS3 screams for attention.  I'm not here to reduce the 360 to a Sega Saturn or something, the 360 is decent console, but it dates itself in terms of having sided with HD over Blu.

I wouldn't get too worried, Pubes.  Or any 360 owner, really.  You bought it for games, I imagine, and there are so many cross-platform games as well as the 360's better selection of XBLA games, you should be in great shape to have some fun.

:yabbse-thumbup:
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

Getting back to actual games, Limbo finally got released on PSN, and HOLY SHIT.  WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME?????
My house, my rules, my coffee

squints

Holy Shit!

Just played through the demo. This game is awesome. That spider is brutal. I HAVE to play more.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Myxo

Quote from: polkablues on July 24, 2011, 11:23:11 PM
Getting back to actual games, Limbo finally got released on PSN, and HOLY SHIT.  WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME?????

Limbo is terrific! Fun little puzzle-adventure game with a great look.

Outland is terrific too. Doesn't have the same artistic feel to it, but the puzzle/survival thing is there in spades.

cronopio 2

Stefen

I spent all weekend playing Fallout: New Vegas. They patched it so that problem I was complaining about doesn't happen anymore.

I think I do like it more than Fallout 3. It's buggy as hell tho and you have to save often. Still, it's awesome. Can't wait to get home and play some more.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

mogwai

Finished Heavy Rain and SPOILERS

Every lead characters died except the killer. Should I be more aggressive with Ethan? He's trying to save his son. And I didn't kill the drug dealer.

Anyone?

squints

its been so long since i played it but i think i finished with

SPOIRLERRES.
The killer dying and Ethan saving his son and himself. I don't really remember how i did it. Fallout is clogging my brain.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

cinemanarchist

Anyone playing the new Deus Ex? Thinking seriously about picking that one up.

Just finished Heavy Rain.

SPOILS

Ethan was killed after saving his son. Killer got away but was later shot by the hooker who's kid he killed. Depressing as hell.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

polkablues

Anybody else playing the new Elder Scrolls game yet? I'm loading it up for the first time right now. Preparing myself to have my already rare free time disintegrate completely.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

The only reason I'm waiting to play it because I just don't have the time right now.

SOON.

squints

Just found my receipt for NBA 2k12, since it looks like there's not gonna be an NBA season i'm seriously thinking about exchanging it for Skyrim.