NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

squints

I've been playing Fallout 3 for weeks now. I love it so much.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

cronopio 2

i downloaded wipeout hd twice. i am that stupid. i want to smash my ps3 so bad.

Robyn

haha, i'm buying this on the release day, that's for sure

cronopio 2

cinemanarchist

Quote from: cronopio 2 on June 12, 2011, 02:39:44 PM
bioshock infinite looks astonishing.

Totally agree. I like but don't love first person shooters, but I can't get enough Bioshock. I was pretty devastated that Gore Verbinski didn't get his version off the ground, because I'm pretty sure he would have been perfect.

In other news, just bought Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, and God of War 3 for 17.99 each (free shipping) from NewEgg.com
My assholeness knows no bounds.

Myxo

Dark Souls, the soon to be "hardest RPG ever" for the PS3, looks incredible. I was a big, BIG fan of Demon's Souls. That game took me 50-60 hours to beat and I died literally hundreds of times trying. Elder Scrolls V looks good too, but seriously, if you want to feel a sense of accomplishment for beating an RPG, check out Dark Souls later this year.

Great Q&A about it from the director:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/02/04/dark-souls-qa-variety-is-the-spice-of-death/

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Second on Demon Souls, grossly overlooked.  Only diehard gamers I know actually know of it, and only a couple enjoy it, a lot have written it off.  But it's not so difficult it's not fun, it's just not a downhill oil slick of levelling up and reaching a point where you're too powerful for the game itself.  It's balanced to challenge you every step of the way and be real fun in the process.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Myxo

Quote from: walrus, the on June 18, 2011, 11:04:26 PM
Second on Demon Souls, grossly overlooked.  Only diehard gamers I know actually know of it, and only a couple enjoy it, a lot have written it off.  But it's not so difficult it's not fun, it's just not a downhill oil slick of levelling up and reaching a point where you're too powerful for the game itself.  It's balanced to challenge you every step of the way and be real fun in the process.

I tend to prefer games which are a little sadistic in their difficulty. When I was still playing WoW for example, I raided with a top 100 (in the world) guild. Once you've raided bleeding edge content in an MMO, console gaming can seem too easy. Demon's Souls was a wonderful departure from the kiddie RPGs (coughDragonAge2cough) being created now a days. Funny story about that actually.

A couple of years ago, shortly after Demon's Souls had been released, I was at a Game Crazy location checking out some used titles around Christmas time. I overheard this guy behind me returning Demon's Souls. The desk clerk was like, "Beat it already huh?" And the guy says (been a while, paraphrased), "No, I couldn't even get past the second boss. This game makes you re-clear everything on a stage if you die. Very frustrating. Not for me."

Wussies.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I have a friend who has a policy about never saving when playing Fallout, just relying on the auto-save.  If he doesn't like someone, he'll attack them and deal with the consequences.  Caught stealing or addicted to any drugs?  Shit happens.  He just takes it in stride and powers on.  Makes me feel like my cautious "save early, save often" strategy is pretty weak.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

squints

Who's the best NPC to have following you around in Fallout 3? I've got this chick from the brotherhood decked out with a sweet plasma rifle and she's doing some work (but also stealing a lot of my precious exp)
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

cronopio 2

in order to be a responsible adult, i've "decided" that i will not buy a new PS3 game (L.A. Noire) until i finish the ones i already started and abandoned, but it's a drag.  for example, trying to play assassin's creed 2 after not playing it since it got released is like figuring your hands have alzheimer's. the other two games are Uncharted 2 and Red Dead Redemption. i'm not even counting GTA IV cos apparently Rockstar games never end after you've had a 6 month+ break from them. which is dumb because L.A. Noire would be the next unfinished game of my collection... unless somebody says something different.

i still want to play Castlevania or hack my DS so that i can play Earthbound 2 in english.

Myxo

Quote from: cronopio 2 on June 21, 2011, 04:31:39 PMfor example, trying to play assassin's creed 2 after not playing it since it got released is like figuring your hands have alzheimer's.

I can't stand the AC series. It's just the same crap over and over again. Starting to feel like the Call of Duty series where all they do really is update maps and charge you another $60.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: squints on June 21, 2011, 04:20:21 PM
Who's the best NPC to have following you around in Fallout 3? I've got this chick from the brotherhood decked out with a sweet plasma rifle and she's doing some work (but also stealing a lot of my precious exp)

The one you have is the best, essentially.  Fawkes is also great because he can wield energy weapons and big guns.  Dogmeat is really great because of a glitch where when he levels up with you, he gets way too much of a health boost (though one of the later expansions corrects this error).  Sargeant RL-3 is pretty nice because of his built-in flamethrower, but you have to be of Neutral karma to get him and have to find him wandering around with that merchant, which can be annoying to track down sometimes.

squints

Quote from: walrus, the on June 23, 2011, 11:55:13 AM
Quote from: squints on June 21, 2011, 04:20:21 PM

The one you have is the best, essentially.  Fawkes is also great because he can wield energy weapons and big guns.  Dogmeat is really great because of a glitch where when he levels up with you, he gets way too much of a health boost (though one of the later expansions corrects this error).  Sargeant RL-3 is pretty nice because of his built-in flamethrower, but you have to be of Neutral karma to get him and have to find him wandering around with that merchant, which can be annoying to track down sometimes.

I had that chick from the Brotherhood then i got ambushed in Vault 87 or something and she disappeared! FUCK! But i did get fawkes in return and a shitload of enclave power armor...so yeah whatevs.