77th Annual Academy Awards - Winners Listed on Page 10

Started by MacGuffin, October 14, 2004, 02:00:15 PM

tpfkabi

why are those artists appearing?
did they even have songs featured in any films?

how about Jon Brion?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

modage

BEST PICTURE
Want: SIDEWAYS / THE AVIATOR
Think: MILLION DOLLAR BABY

ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE
Want: Clint Eastwood - MILLION DOLLAR BABY / Leonardo DiCaprio - THE AVIATOR
Think: Jamie Foxx - RAY

ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
Want: Thomas Haden Church - SIDEWAYS
Think: Morgan Freeman - MILLION DOLLAR BABY

ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE
Want: Kate Winslet - ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND
Think: Hilary Swank - MILLION DOLLAR BABY

ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
Want: Virginia Madsen - SIDEWAYS / Natalie Portman - CLOSER
Think: Cate Blanchett - THE AVIATOR

DIRECTING
Want: THE AVIATOR / SIDEWAYS

WRITING (ADAPTED SCREENPLAY)
Want: SIDEWAYS

WRITING (ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY)
Want: ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND / THE INCREDIBLES
Think: ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND

CINEMATOGRAPHY
Want: THE AVIATOR
Think: THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST

ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
Want: THE INCREDIBLES
Think: THE INCREDIBLES
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

I don't want Portman to win best supporting cause the last few years supporting winner has gone on to make crap.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

mogwai

Quote from: StefenI don't want Portman to win best supporting cause the last few years supporting winner has gone on to make crap.
that wouldn't be a threat cuz she's already made two (or three) crappy movies.

Stefen

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: StefenI don't want Portman to win best supporting cause the last few years supporting winner has gone on to make crap.
that wouldn't be a threat cuz she's already made two (or three) crappy movies.

True, but those were crappy in the sense that they could have been good, potential wise.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

expect surprises, shocks, INTRIGUE

god if only they could stop using the major categories as HONORARY awards. it would be easier to predict.. and less boring.

ie.
picture - aviator instead of MDB
director - scorsese instead of eastwood
actor - dicaprio instead of foxx

well at least u can expect brad bird to get best supporting actor or sumshit in 20 years time.
under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

Chris Rock's monologue was wonderful.

Though I have a feeling the final shout out to the troops "fighting for freedom" was not his idea.

Stefen

Damn, this years show is completely niggafied. Awesome.

Jeremy Blackman

YUCK

I never thought I would dislike Cate Blanchett this much.

Stefen

Aviator is dominating. Martins gonna get his director award. w00t.

RegularKarate

Hooray for Morgan and Brad Bird...  

JB, what was wrong with Blanchet?

Recce

Is it just me, or is there a serious lack of starpower this year? Where is everyone?
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

cine

Quote from: StefenAviator is dominating. Martins gonna get his director award. w00t.
you keep telling yourself that..

Quote from: RecceIs it just me, or is there a serious lack of starpower this year? Where is everyone?
they're making King Kong.

Recce

Seriously, they keep making fun of people and they can't even cut to them. They're like 'umm, Dustin Hoffman did a movie with Jack Nicholson once, let's cut to him'. The hell!
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")