Margaret

Started by wilder, August 03, 2011, 06:14:58 PM

Drenk

No, I was just wondering if I had missed something. I bought the DVD for the Extended. I didn't remember the Blu-Ray + DVD combo.
Ascension.

WorldForgot

Ahh, word. I can't remember the first blu-ray we had in the house, but this was the first blu-ray i bought myself, and like, I thought the movie was so rare and precious it was my first taste of "collectors" rush maybe.

Drenk

The thing with Margaret is that it is a character study, and also a movie that shows a story being buried in the noise of all stories. Just incredible stuff.

And that girl deeply, deeply wants to be The Protagonist.
Ascension.

Alethia

The scene where Lisa basically admits as much to Jeanie Berlin who responds "I think you are very young" and proceeds to lambaste her after Lisa calls her "strident" is its own brand of heartbreaking. I think that's the last scene they appear in together, if I recall correctly...

WorldForgot

Quote from: Drenk on January 04, 2021, 03:04:22 PM
The thing with Margaret is that it is a character study, and also a movie that shows a story being buried in the noise of all stories. Just incredible stuff.

And that girl deeply, deeply wants to be The Protagonist.

Well put <3

WorldForgot

Just rewatched this.

I think it's worth revisiting, for everyone. Its sound design and script are 'unique' within the American cinema scene. Such a delicate, humanist film.
Also, a bit dark to have Matthew Broderick in a film about a vehicular accident.

Reel

It's been long enough since I first saw it that I entirely forgot the plot! Plus, I never found the director's cut. Thanks for the reminder! In a Lonergan mood...