Heroes

Started by grand theft sparrow, September 25, 2006, 08:37:06 PM

Pwaybloe

Sorry you got sucked into this stupid, retarded show, kal.  I know you mean well. 

I, for one, was watching "The Holy Mountain" on my PC while my wife dragged me in an attempt to watch this show with her once again. 

Kal

I dont know how nobody here watches this... I think many of you dont want to admit it. The show is actually good, and the finale was better that what I expected.

polkablues

Actually, I thought the finale was kind of a mess.  I still like the show enough to watch a second season, though.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Raikus

The finale was just about the biggest joke and let down of any season ender I can think of. All of these predictions, all of the build up, all of the plot holes... just leads up to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

SPOILERS

Yes, flying your bro into the upper atmosphere is much better then knocking him out, sedating him (as they did Ted in the past) or capping him in the head and having him regenerate later.

Yes, challenge a dude that can control time to a "who's quicker" match.

Yes, protect that parking meter -- Save the fucking meters! -- but once you have go cuddle your useless, stupid husband.

Yes, I can phase through objects. Think I'll step in front of my wife and stop this bullet with my large intestine. Oh, yeah, forgot, could have just phased her to. My bad.

Yes, I have multiple powers. I can absorb them and use them at my will. Have you seen my power of fists. Here let me show you. Gogo fisticuffs!

Yes, we did just lamely beat the biggest threat in our lives. Oh time to party. Hahahaha good job all. Let's just walk away and not see that the huge threat just either crawled down a man hole or turned into a cockroach.

Yes, I am telepathic, but just like every other hero in this show, I have the secondary ability to eat bullets with my torso. Don't worry, I have a healing factor to. Didn't Cerebro tell you?

Yes, I did play Shaft. I think that's why NBC let me have another show appearance so I could pick up my scale for this episode. Pay no attention that my scene is completely useless and the writers are so lazy they don't even TRY to explain the reason for me being in this present-flashback.

Yes, I'm a rabid fan of a show called Heroes. It's the best show in the world. It's like 24 but with more plot holes and lazier writing. Don't you say that it steals well-known plot devices from popular comic story lines. Kring doesn't even read comics. I will defend this show to my death, despite I watch the evidence of how much crap it is every week.

Good day Heroes.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: sparrowhoff on February 12, 2007, 01:22:20 PM
In any case, if [kal] and polka are still digging the show by the time the season finale comes around, I'll put season 1 on my netflix queue.

Let's recap.

Quote from: kal on May 23, 2007, 01:09:23 AM
The show is actually good, and the finale was better that what I expected.

OK, so that's one...

Quote from: polkablues on May 23, 2007, 02:36:16 AM
Actually, I thought the finale was kind of a mess.

It's no good.

Quote from: polkablues on May 23, 2007, 02:36:16 AM
I still like the show enough to watch a second season, though.

:saywhat:  So NOW what do I do?

Quote from: Raikus on May 23, 2007, 10:10:09 AM
All of these predictions, all of the build up, all of the plot holes... just leads up to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I can't do it.  I just can't.  Those first 2 1/3 episodes I watched were just awful.  I can't do it.

Raikus

Season had about a 4:1 good episode ratio. So if you can suffer through those odds then do so.

Me, I'll keep watching it because it gives me something to make fun of.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

MacGuffin

I stopped watching, but I'm still curious... Have they saved the cheerleader yet?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

Quote from: MacGuffin on May 23, 2007, 11:33:50 AM
I stopped watching, but I'm still curious... Have they saved the cheerleader yet?

Of course. That was a long time ago...  :yabbse-grin:

Now they had to save the world new york city.

I think you would like it Mac... you are not so uptight like other people here. Its good entertainment. 

MacGuffin

Quote from: kal on May 23, 2007, 12:10:13 PMOf course. That was a long time ago...  :yabbse-grin:

Now they had to save the world new york city. 

How is NYC not part of the world?

Quote from: kal on May 23, 2007, 12:10:13 PMI think you would like it Mac... you are not so uptight like other people here. Its good entertainment. 

I just couldn't get into the characters and how the show only made them about their powers and not fully-developed three-dimensional.

Now I hear they have their own versions of Nikki and Paolo for a spin-off show.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

Its cause something really bad will happen in NY and they act like if it was the end of the world. Considering the popularity of America in the rest of the world right now, I dont think the world will be over if NYC is destroyed. So saving NY does not equal to saving the world.

The characters developed a lot more during the season... its not about their powers only. Some of them are boring, and some of them are empty, but there are a few characters that are very interesting. I think the same happens with Lost and most shows that feature so many characters.

MacGuffin

Dougherty, Roth writing 'Origins' episodes
Source: Hollywood Reporter

"Heroes: Origins" is beefing up its creative roster with top behind-the-scenes talent.

"Superman Returns" co-writer Michael Dougherty and "Hostel" writer-director Eli Roth have each been tapped to write an episode of the anthology spinoff from NBC's hit sci-fi series.

Roth will also direct his episode, which introduces new characters as they discover their extraordinary powers.

Roth and Dougherty, both "Heroes" fans, join another big supporter of the show, Kevin Smith, who was previously set to write and direct an episode of the Universal Media Studios-produced "Heroes: Origins."

Dougherty, who also co-wrote "X2," recently made his directorial debut with the upcoming Warner Bros./Legendary Pictures horror movie "Trick 'r Treat," which he also wrote.

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

... really?  nobody watched the season 2 premiere?

Pubrick

just you and eli roth.

holding hands.
under the paving stones.

Kal

i just saw it... pretty strange... but who knows it may be a good season

modage

Quote from: Cinephile on September 27, 2007, 02:36:28 AM
... really?  nobody watched the season 2 premiere?
does anyone care about this show anymore or has it completely gone to shit?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.