Extras

Started by cine, August 04, 2005, 11:50:51 PM

Ravi

For those of you who already have series 1 and 2, HBO is releasing the finale separately on February 26th.

ElPandaRoyal

I jut saw the Christmas Special and man, oh man, Extras is a fantastic show. Ricky Gervais was wonderful once again, fantastic performance and, well, I think it's just in my blood to cry at movies ou tv shows, but I was on the verge of doing it near the end. What's so great about Gervais/Merchant is that they have the best sense of humor but they also have a great heart. It was one of the best things I've ever seen about celebrity, integrity and, well... human beings. I'm stunned.
Si

MacGuffin

Gervais moots 'Extras' one-off for Hollywood

LONDON (AFP) – British actor and screenwriter Ricky Gervais said in an interview Tuesday he wanted to make one more episode of hit comedy "Extras" with struggling actor Andy Millman trying to make it big in Hollywood.

In an interview with Zoo magazine, Gervais said his idea for another episode of the programme, where he played Millman, "would work best as another Christmas special".

"I think it would be funny to see Andy trying to make it in Hollywood," he said.

"The problem is, I don't think (co-creator) Stephen Merchant wants to do it. But I reckon he will if I insist!"

Gervais gained world-wide fame for co-creating and starring in "The Office", a comedy filmed in fake documentary style about a paper business where he played cringe-inducing middle-manager David Brent.

"The Office" has been sold in over 70 countries by the BBC, and has spawned re-makes in the United States, Chile and Russia.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Ricky Gervais previews next project
Talks up 'Life's Too Short' at Banff TV festival
Source: Hollywood Reporter

BANFF, Alberta -- Ricky Gervais insists "Life's Too Short," his single-camera comedy pilot for BBC2, is long on laughs.

"It's the funniest thing we've done," Gervais said of his latest collaboration with fellow "The Office" and "Extras" creator Stephen Merchant while attending the Banff World Television Festival.

"It's pure funny," he added about the observational comedy starring Warwick Davis ("Star Wars," "Harry Potter") as a little person with "a small-man complex."

Davis first grabbed the attention of Gervais and Merchant while performing in an episode of "Extras." While on set, he told the writing duo of his frustrations and real-life experiences living in a grown-up world at only 3'6" in height.

"The real Warwick tells us these great stories. They're comedy gold," Gervais recalled.

Davis' real-world experience includes using a broom handle to retrieve out-of-reach supermarket products, or being forever touched by ordinary people for good luck, as if he were a leprechaun.

Gervais and Merchant eventually approached the BBC to turn Davis' comedy material into a half-hour series, albeit one without the pathos of "The Office" or the drama of "Extras."

"He refuses to live his life as a disabled person. We're making him empowered but also give him these foibles," Gervais said of Davis' character.

Gervais, in Banff to receive the Sir Peter Ustinov comedy award, will executive produce "Life's Too Short" along with Merchant and Mark Freeland.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks