Conan or Kilborn

Started by Tictacbk, April 05, 2004, 06:42:10 PM

NEON MERCURY

..conan!!!!....kilborn's semi-funny jokes and routine served him better when he was on espn's sportscenter..its really hard to watch his show and not feel like your wasting valuable time in your life that could be used for someting better.....like planting trees or sticking butterfingers up your ass... :kiss:

El Duderino

i hate "Five Questions"
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

lamas

noone angers me more than craig kilborn.  i fucking hate him!  hate him!  if i could get away with it i would break his jaw.  i can't stand cocky people.

The Perineum Falcon

I could never get into Kilborn. I hated the Daily Show until Stewart took the reigns, now that show is sure fire comic gold, in my books.
Conan I've loved since I first caught him in '95. Yeah, the whole "marriage" and "having babies" thing kinda throws off his 'I'm a great big dork' routine, if you think about it, but his shows so fun I just forget about everything else. Same with the Kilborn-free Daily Show.

I hated every second Kilborn was on screen in Old School too. Don't know what it is about it, I just don't like him.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Pubrick

Quote from: ranemaka13I hated every second Kilborn was on screen in Old School too. Don't know what it is about it, I just don't like him.
well he DID play a huge asshole. not a big stretch for him apparently.
under the paving stones.

cine

Quote from: ranemaka13Yeah, the whole "marriage" and "having babies" thing kinda throws off his 'I'm a great big dork' routine, if you think about it
You must not watch Conan much. He always hits on the women anyway claiming that the ring doesn't hold him back and such. Also about the having babies... Conan was drinking on his first show back from his wife delivering, and screaming "WHERE'S THE BABY" with the bottle in his hand during the interview segment. Didn't throw off his image at all.

Bethie

Quote from: Tictacbk
Quote from: BethieOH man. I could never pick between the two. Kilborn was my first late night love. I live for Five Questions. (Yambo kicks arse, too) I love how full of himself he is, its sexy. yeoow. Plus, it's all in fun.

I would never watch Conan because the channel was on my Craigers. I gave Conan a chance about a year ago and now my heart loves him too. Conan almost makes me go pee pee in my pants. Like everything that man says in hilarious.

Late night television, you light up my life. Please Mr. Tictacbk don't make this poor girl choose between the two.  ...

This is exactly how it was for me too.  I used to always watch Kilby.  I loved his inside jokes and YAMBO.  But then I switched over to Conan for reasons even I cannot explain.  Now I'm torn between the two.

I watch Craigers because I know that I can catch the cone man on Comedy Central the next day. So I get the best of both worlds.

Which one of you dared to say you hate five questions? I curse you.

Everyone hates Craig for the same reason. Why can't you understand that he acts like that just to get laughs? I don't believe he is that pretentious in real life. And have you not noticed how much Conan talks about himself on his show? Someone else had pointed that out to me and the next time I watched Conan I couldn't take it. He always directs the conversation back to him. He doesn't concentrate on his guest.
who likes movies anyway

cine

Quote from: BethieEveryone hates Craig for the same reason. Why can't you understand that he acts like that just to get laughs? I don't believe he is that pretentious in real life.
Correct. This is Kilborn's character on the show. I don't knock him for that. I knock him because I genuinely don't like him. I hope that's the case for others around here too.

Quote from: BethieAnd have you not noticed how much Conan talks about himself on his show? Someone else had pointed that out to me and the next time I watched Conan I couldn't take it. He always directs the conversation back to him. He doesn't concentrate on his guest.
He does this for two reasons:
1. To keep his show interesting. Conan talks about himself because it goes with his personality and obviously people love it. It's what keeps me watching.
2. He concentrates on his guests but when they get boring, Conan knows how to keep people from changing channels.
And don't forget: "It's Late Night with who?"

Pubrick

Quote from: CinephileAnd don't forget: "It's Late Night with who?"
that's the crux of it right there.

the notion that Conan is self-obsessed can only be taken so far, when u look at how generous he is in creating memorable recurring characters, and his references to supporting cast like Pender and La Bamba. it's not always about him. when he does talk about himself it's usually self-depracating or IRONICALLY self-aggrandizing (see cinephile's quote).. it's amazing this formula has stayed fresh for so long - not easy to pull off.

same cannot be said for Kilb or Len.
under the paving stones.

cine

Quote from: Pubricksame cannot be said for Kilb or Len.
And let's not forget that Leno hates black people.

ps. Easiest poll-win ever.

Pas

What the hell, Kilborn or Conan ?! Am I on Xixax or some parrellel universe Xixax where everything is weird ?

OF COURSE CONAN

panthera_tigris

I'd have to say Conan. I like Kilborn's cockiness, it's quite funny really, but i never got into him after he left the Daily Show...and thank goodness he did cuz John Stewart is the MAN. Conan is just so effortless with his guests. He can smoothly transition from one topic to another and when he can't he cracks a joke about the audience not laughing or something. He never bores me with his insaneness and willingness to say whatever he wants...and it amazes me at the stuff he can get away with by just turning it into a joke. And i totally agree that his marriage has NOT kept him from being the "desperate dork" when it comes to his female guests, or even some male guests, and i just love when his shows have that touch of homoeroticism. that's my two cents.
The quality of mercy is not strain'd,
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath: it is twice blest;
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes:
'Tis mightiest in the mightiest: it becomes
The throned monarch better than his crown;
His sceptre shows the force of temporal power,
The attribute to awe and majesty,
Wherein doth sit the dread and fear of kings;
But mercy is above this sceptred sway;
It is enthroned in the hearts of kings,
It is an attribute to God himself;
And earthly power doth then show likest God's
When mercy seasons justice.
- Merchant of Venice: Act 4

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: ranemaka13Yeah, the whole "marriage" and "having babies" thing kinda throws off his 'I'm a great big dork' routine, if you think about it
You must not watch Conan much. He always hits on the women anyway claiming that the ring doesn't hold him back and such. Also about the having babies... Conan was drinking on his first show back from his wife delivering, and screaming "WHERE'S THE BABY" with the bottle in his hand during the interview segment. Didn't throw off his image at all.
No, no, I remember that episode. "Rebecca Romijn-Who?" Right?
I try to catch him as much as I can, though I have been missing it quite regularly since this semester started.
I'd try to explain what I meant, but I won't. It just won't make any sense and I'll come off like an even bigger idiot. I really have no problem with what Conan says or does, it's all gravy.

Quote from: BethieEveryone hates Craig for the same reason. Why can't you understand that he acts like that just to get laughs?
But it's not working.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Myxo

Quote from: BankyKilborn is the shit and i his show as a whole is much more entertaining than Connan

I pity the foo' who picked Kilborn!

Ravi

Kilborn just ain't funny.