Six Feet Under is SIX FEET UNDER and infested with spoilers!

Started by Sigur Rós, April 27, 2003, 01:16:38 PM

godardian

Looks like Jeremy Sisto (Billy) is starring in Wrong Turn this summer. Just saw a TV ad. Looks like a sort of Blair Witch-y woods-horror thing. It's probably terrible.

On the other hand, Rachel Griffiths (Brenda, of course) stars with Guy Pearce in The Hard Word, which looks interesting, if only for the actors (it appears to be yet another sort of gangster-heist thing, which I could do without, but I'll still go).
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

MacGuffin

Quote from: godardianIt's probably terrible.

What makes you say that?

Some of us liked Blair Witch. Some of us have open minds. Some us will see it for:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

godardian

The TV ad looked terrible, that's all.

You'd be better off renting Wild Things again for the cheesecake, wouldn't you?
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

bonanzataz

I never watched six feet under since the first two or three episodes and then stopped. i just started again, 2 weeks ago, and it's way too awesome. i'm so wrapped up in everything and can't wait for the season finale in 2 weeks. now i have to go out and get the dvd's from the first season. what season are we in now, 2nd or third?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

godardian

It's the third.

I got hooked by the DVDs and then just started right in with the third season. I haven't seen a single episode of the second. I wish I had, but it doesn't make the show impossible to follow by any means.

RegularKarate

As has been stated before, the second season was the least impressive of the three.

So, what's everyone think?  Who's gonna die here?  I'm thinking a suicide.

Raikus

I'm thinking a couple of deaths for the finale:

Lisa threw herself into the ocean. Her body is found in the finale.

Billy commits suicide because he realizes his Luke/Leia fantasy will never be fulfilled and it's the only way he can mean something to Brenda.

Russell decides to show just how much he loves Claire by hanging himself from meat hooks in her room and splitting open his abdomen (uniquely and artistic-like).

Arthur, after finding out Ruth is marrying, throws away his life-is-precious philosophy in lieu of an axe and starts to destroy the house. Rico, doing the much needed work on Lisa and also avoiding his sister-in-law after getting so mad he hits her for saying she's going to make Vanessa leave him, is the only one in the house and suffers Arthur's wrath. Arthur takes a few swings at Rico but misses, before Rico plunges the embolming needle into Arthur in self-defense.

All funerals take place on the same day. End season finale.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

RegularKarate

I could see a lot of those things actually happening (not all at once of couse and not as extreme).

I actually think it's possible they'll never reveal what happened to Lisa because that's one of those things that happens in life.  It'll end up driving Nate mad.

I could see Russell killing himself... he's just one of those kids...

In the ad for the finale, we hear Claire say "He's dead?"... though that may be a dream about her aborted kid.

godardian

I won't speculate about Lisa, 'cos RK may be completely right that they'll leave it unresolved. Lila Taylor being only ever billed as a "guest star" clues us in that she's probably off the show. I hate that, that you can tell from the credits that something's going to happen.

I don't think Claire is going to freak out because of the abortion. I think someone may actually be dead, most likely Russell. Or maybe Russell kills Olivier.  Outside possibility for suicide: Nate. And god, I mean he has every right and reason to be, but he's by far the last pleasant character on the show right now.

Brenda has always been my favorite character, and last night's episode totally confirmed that. Obviously, she's fucked up, but she just seems to want to be healthy and happy more than anyone else on the show, and she wants to try to help other people be that way, too. I'm way oversimplifying, I know- plus I missed the whole second season, where she apparently screwed Nate over somehow?- but she seems to be the coolest, kindest, and least judgmental. For now, anyways.

Much comedy and some heartbreak will probably ensue from Ruth's "engagement." Arthur may realize what he's missing and finally make a play.

Obviously, Keith will either try harder or be out of David's life. That's happened before, though, and then they got back together, so... who knows? All I know is, this relationship stuff is a helluva lot more interesting than all that coming-out stuff from the first season. I gasped like a housewife watching The Young and the Restless when David cheated.

Sal

Quote from: godardianI won't speculate about Lisa, 'cos RK may be completely right that they'll leave it unresolved. Lila Taylor being only ever billed as a "guest star" clues us in that she's probably off the show. I hate that, that you can tell from the credits that something's going to happen.

They've had her billed as a guest star the whole season, when it seemed that she was pretty much a bigger character than others.  

QuoteI don't think Claire is going to freak out because of the abortion. I think someone may actually be dead, most likely Russell. Or maybe Russell kills Olivier.  Outside possibility for suicide: Nate. And god, I mean he has every right and reason to be, but he's by far the last pleasant character on the show right now.

I love how they shifted his dynamic from the end of the second season, where he was the character people could probably sympathize and care the most for, to a very apathetic guy who's probably still fucked up from his EVM surgery.  I felt that after he underwent the surgery, part of him disappeared forever.  I think there needs to be some kind of retribution that can only come from his father Nathaniel, who I've missed this season.  He's a great character.

QuoteBrenda has always been my favorite character, and last night's episode totally confirmed that. Obviously, she's fucked up, but she just seems to want to be healthy and happy more than anyone else on the show, and she wants to try to help other people be that way, too. I'm way oversimplifying, I know- plus I missed the whole second season, where she apparently screwed Nate over somehow?- but she seems to be the coolest, kindest, and least judgmental. For now, anyways.

Yeah, the second season Brenda became very detestable.  I wanted her gone by the end of it, and be careful what you wish for, because it'll come true.  After five episodes of her absence, it became clear in the storyline that she made things interesting and gave life to the series.

QuoteMuch comedy and some heartbreak will probably ensue from Ruth's "engagement." Arthur may realize what he's missing and finally make a play.

For some reason I can see Arthur just going mad and attempt to kill Cromwell's character.  There's this dark nature in him that I'm waiting to see come out and manifest on the whole family.  Like 'the kid who was ignored or overlooked until it was too late' type of thing.

RegularKarate

I can see Arthur getting caught being a Necro... you know, Rico comes downstairs (he forgot something, it's late) and there's Arthur, getting it on with Mrs. Krigbong.

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

abbey road

i say six feet under's the best tv show ive ever seen, it does have some soap opera tendencies, but i think its humor and ideas make up for anything b4 it becomes lame or bad, it just rules. alan ball is a genius, the only thing better than this show is american beauty.
"we'll meet again in a life when we are both cats"
"you are what you love, not what loves you"
"I don't think your an asshole Royal, I just think you're kind of a son of a bitch"
"royal with cheese"
"i'm sure you have no idea what i'm talking about...but don't worry...you will someday"

Xixax

The Arthur necro idea had never occurred to me, but it certainly has merit.

I think Russel is going to kill himself, and I think Lisa is just going to remain a mystery. They don't always find missing people, and I think they're going to toy with us - at least until next season. I don't think there'll be any resolution to the Lisa issue this season. Maybe not even next year. I think they're just going to leave that open ended, and leave Nate with the pain and guilt of cheating on her with other women since he doesn't really know if she's dead or not. It's already happened once with the hot funeral babe.

Rico and his wife will be just fine. I anticipate no drama there.

And I hope, oh how I hope, that David dumps Keith for good and hooks up with his gay chorus buddy for at least awhile. David is a good guy and deserves a little happiness for awhile.

That's HAPpiness... HAP...piness...
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Jake_82

I love Six Feet Under so much! It's the best show I've ever seen. The first season was great, the second season wasn't as good but still captivating, especially with episodes like "Driving Mr. Mossback", but the third season is just phenomenal. The characters have so much depth now, and everything is incredibly subtle and acurate. I love it! Last week's episode was one of my favorite of the whole series... it was amazing to watch Claire go through with her abortion like they showed it... I've never seen a show that depicted it like that. Usually she will go into the clinic and her impregnator will burst through the door and sweep her off her feet, and everyone lives happily ever after now that the man has done the right thing... God the emotions on this show are just so honest... i love the way they depicted Nate's reaction to Lisa being missing, just being so edgy and shaking like that...

anyway I think Lisa is alive, but she's decided to leave Nate... in the commercial for next week Claire saw her or something, although it could have been a fantasy.
your reality is at the end of your dream