HAIM - "Valentine"

Started by velociraptor, April 27, 2017, 09:45:40 AM

jenkins

they walked in the place and were like hello

nah they didn't shut down no block, y'all forget you're crazier than most people

wilberfan

True enough.  Is that a 35mm camera that dude is wrestling with?   Paul still wants to shoot even music vids in 35?  Would think there'd be budgetary restraints...

Drenk

So much effort for such a mediocre band. But it's good to be reminded that he's also a random LA boy.
Ascension.

SaunchSmilax

can't believe I wasn't there to witness PTA and Jesus at Movie Mecca  :doh:

Quote from: wilberfan on June 09, 2019, 01:11:30 PM
True enough.  Is that a 35mm camera that dude is wrestling with?   Paul still wants to shoot even music vids in 35?  Would think there'd be budgetary restraints...

PTA shoots all his music vids on 35. I think Junun is the only digital installment in his filmography?
"All I ever wanted was a cool '78 'Vette and a house in the country."

Alethia

SNL FANatic was video, no?

Tdog

I enjoyed that a lot musically/visually.

I realise, what I didn't really dig about Anima was I didn't feel like the images/music really went together. This is nice!

wilberfan

Very nice. There's our New Beverly footage--and I always enjoy seeing The Valley on film.  :)

I actually enjoyed this one!

kingfan011

During the very last section when they are walking away from the book star (which is actually Barnes and Noble) they are on ventura and laurel canyon. I go there every Sunday for the farmer market which is just a block down the street and I go to that book store a lot. Its fun seeing familiar valley places in a PTA work.

WorldForgot

Between this one and "I Want You Back," makes you wonder how much PTA hangs out on Venture :p

wilberfan

Missed another chance to hang out with PTA at the New Bev.  Fawk.

[edit]  Looking at this photo--how tall (or short) is Paul, anyway?   I've seen him in person 3 or 4 times....  Is the Haim on his right really tall??

trytotell

Quote from: wilberfan on July 31, 2019, 10:35:22 PM
Missed another chance to hang out with PTA at the New Bev.  Fawk.

[edit]  Looking at this photo--how tall (or short) is Paul, anyway?   I've seen him in person 3 or 4 times....  Is the Haim on his right really tall??

Yeah, she's six foot tall I think. It does seem like he used to be taller though.

Alethia

Deceptive angle, I think he's just slouched. I've seen him in person a number of times and he's at least as tall as I am (6 feet).

polkablues

Quote from: WorldForgot on July 31, 2019, 03:04:13 PM
Between this one and "I Want You Back," makes you wonder how much PTA hangs out on Venture :p

He didn't direct that one.
My house, my rules, my coffee

WorldForgot

Quote from: polkablues on August 01, 2019, 12:23:21 AM
Quote from: WorldForgot on July 31, 2019, 03:04:13 PM

He didn't direct that one.

Ahhh. Egg on my face. It's a HAIM Haunt