Songs Currently Stuck In Head

Started by Lucinda Bryte, October 22, 2003, 03:45:29 PM

WorldForgot

jenkins

yeah i'm not sure if anybody else has fully embodied both the highs and lows of nyc culture better than Ferrara. don't skip Fear City

WorldForgot

Quote from: jenkins on September 20, 2019, 05:53:08 PM
yeah i'm not sure if anybody else has fully embodied both the highs and lows of nyc culture better than Ferrara. don't skip Fear City

I'm not skipping any, and I'm going chronologically, so that one's next. Already got the DVD.

jenkins

nice. Fear City smacks you across the face and there's no good reason it's not as famous as his most famous. ill prewarn you that Body Snatchers will be the worst and just the dude belongs in the gutters not the multiplex

WorldForgot

polkablues

YES... Failure was such an underrated band. "Stuck on You" and "The Nurse Who Loved Me" are two of the best songs of the 90s.
My house, my rules, my coffee

WorldForgot

I've been heavy on space rock kick after discovering Hum.

That album with Stuck on You and the Nurse Who Loved Me iz very cool. DIRTY BLUE BALLOONS iz sick too. Troy Van Leeuwen joined the band just after Fantastic Planet. On tour with Failure he'd meet Josh Homme who was with The Screaming Trees at the time - and Queens of the Stone Age click together.

And what's sick to me is how songs like Frogs and Pillowhead pertain to grunge, but herald the sort of groove that alt rock in the early 00s would dig into through Queens of the Stone Age, Metz, Pile, Turnstile.

When I hear Failure's MAGNIFIED record (my favorite at the moment), I hear the evolution of KISS's bass, the crunch that Pixies made mainstream, and the promise of guitar rock that holds steadfast these days in the alt scene.

Gonna listen to Hum's INLET for the first time in a little.