My house, my rules, my coffee

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: ASmith on October 04, 2006, 04:09:02 AM

• Big Lebowski
  • Office Space
  • Groundhog Day
  • plenty of non-comedies too, but those don't seem to stick out in my mind

So... you're anyone?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Zebulon

I don't normally enjoy posting these introductions, but it is the tradition here and I don't want to get off on the wrong foot.

I'm a 36 year old Canadian pop culture elitist, with a broad interest in many styles and periods of film. I spend an inordinate amount of time in darkened movie theatres. It's a small wonder that I'm able to tolerate daylight anymore.

Some of my favourite directors include Allen, Kubrick, Godard, Herzog, and Scorsese. That said, I'm keenly interested in "low" culture films too and I have soft spot for horror and exploitation films (my screen name is taken from a character in a Russ Meyer film).

Having lurked for a bit, I'm impressed with the quality of this forum. I hope I can contribute.

Pubrick

Quote from: Zebulon on October 24, 2006, 09:04:16 AM
I don't normally enjoy posting these introductions, but it is the tradition here and I don't want to get off on the wrong foot.

I'm a 36 year old Canadian pop culture elitist, with a broad interest in many styles and periods of film. I spend an inordinate amount of time in darkened movie theatres. It's a small wonder that I'm able to tolerate daylight anymore.

Some of my favourite directors include Allen, Kubrick, Godard, Herzog, and Scorsese. That said, I'm keenly interested in "low" culture films too and I have soft spot for horror and exploitation films (my screen name is taken from a character in a Russ Meyer film).

Having lurked for a bit, I'm impressed with the quality of this forum. I hope I can contribute.
i like the cut of your jib.

as crono has pointed out elsewhere, first posts are not exactly definitive of character. intros don't necessarily have to demistify anyone before they hav the chance to reveal who they are, a member's persona becomes evident over time. i think intros are mostly a sign of goodwill that you (the collective newb) are not here just to troll.

basically what RK said..
Quote from: RegularKarate on September 11, 2006, 01:25:57 PM
See, when your first post is in this thread, you get points, people.
under the paving stones.

squints

OH! i can't wait to hear a little pussi
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Mr. Sophistication

I posted a small introduction on another thread without knowing about this one but luckly Walrus was there to point this thread out.

So without further ado I give you the waving smiley------------> :waving:

Sunrise

Welcome...I love your username! But tell us a little more about yourself, other than being a Cassavetes fan (which is a big + for me).

Mr. Sophistication

Quote from: Sunrise on January 11, 2007, 01:09:33 PM
Welcome...I love your username! But tell us a little more about yourself, other than being a Cassavetes fan (which is a big + for me).

I'm 18 years old and I live in Los Angeles. I love film just like everyone else here and I need cinema like a heroine addict needs a daily fix. If you ask me who are my top 10 favorite directors I would name 70 same goes with top 10 favorite films. Just like the rest of you I'm the guy who has "weird taste in movies and the longest attention span to be able to sit through those old boring Black and White and foreign movies" so say my friends but that's OK because I know they will never taste the sweet rewards these movies offer and that's their loss. That's why I'm glad to have found this small piece of heaven called xixax.

Pubrick

i'm impressed. maybe i should start approving members again. :ponder:
under the paving stones.

atticus jones

iam depressed...maebe i shuld start dismembering approvers again   :hammer:
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

Mikey B

My name is Mikey. I'm also known as Michael, spikey mikey, Mr. B, Pixie Stick (bad addiction in High School), and other obscure names. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Cinema. I'm a unprofessional screenwriter who has been honing his craft since he was 15 so 7 years now. I have the soul that's part half hippie poet, half balls to the wall rock star. I'm a self proclaimed eccentric who's narsisistic but self depricating so that balances me out pretty well. I live in LA in the Los Feliz area. I have SiliasRuby's DVD Collection of over 500 movies TV Shows and VHS so I'm a DVD whore, as well as Mac. I just graduated from film school last month. I frequent Amoeba and Borders. I've been playing the harmonica for five years. I've been told that I've got a humongeous amount of energy. I dance most of the time by myself. Many of my friends are smokers, I'm not. I second hand smoke it's much cheaper and I carry a lighter around everywhere I go to help them with their addiction. If you respect me I'll try to respect you.

Things, People, Music, TV Shows, Authors I Love:
Kubrick
David Mamet
Steve Martin
a fine wine
a fine workout
a fine intelligent woman
Lost
Miami Vice
Allen Ginsburg
The Wonder Years
Augusten Burroughs
Stephen King
James Ellroy
Cheers
Jack Kerouac
Paul Thomas Anderson
Lynch
Calvin and Hobbes
Tarantino
Oliver Stone
Freaks and Geeks
Arrested Development
The Simpsons
Woody Allen
Led Zeppelin
Eric Clapton
The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
Bob Dylan
Sherlynn Fenn
Michael Bloomfield
Sarcasm
Philosophy
Hunter S. Thompson
Shakespeare
Bukowski
Surrealism
Humanism
Futurism (Yes that is a Concept)
Saturday Night Live (1975-1980, 1986-1993, 1997-Present)
The Doors
Noam Chomsky
The Rocky Horror Picture
Captain Beefheart
Robert Altman
Martin Scorsese
Godard
Truffaut
David Fincher

I know I'm going to get a lot of flak from P and all of the other smart ass's who like to make quick quips for writing that list above but...oh well, fuck it. Doesn't really matter. I'm here to discuss films, human beings, and creativity. I like putting out a positive vibe and will continue to do so no matter what.

Anyway, as 16 girls say on myspace...."That's me!  So if you like to party certainly contact me. :yabbse-grin:"
I Stole SiliasRuby's DVD Collection

Sunrise

Quote from: Mikey B on January 18, 2007, 11:33:56 PMI've been told that I've got a humongeous amount of energy.

This I don't doubt. Welcome.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Elaborate on stealing Silias' DVDs.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Mikey B

Actually that's part bullshit. I'm actually his alterego. I'll leave it at that.
I Stole SiliasRuby's DVD Collection