WorldForgot

Quote from: KJ on August 02, 2017, 10:50:10 PM
haven't seen it yet :(

If you mean Inherent Vice,
round up your favorite substances,
make a lil tea,
take a trip

jviness02

I rewatched this for the first time in maybe two years. Absolutely love it,  but there is one thing I have never understood....why does Bigfoot plant the drugs in Doc's trunk setting Doc up as "bait"? How does this benefit Bigfoot?

Pringle

It doesn't benefit him. It gives Doc the leverage to free Coy Harlingen from the clutches of the Golden Fang.

WorldForgot

"Ahhh! Bigfoot, you mother fucker." How could he have expected the ol' mad dog to be satisfied with only Adrian and Puck?

Reel

It's at the top of my 'need to own' list, I just keep forgetting to buy it. I can't believe I've only seen it 3 times since it came out.

SaunchSmilax

Quote from: jviness02 on June 29, 2019, 11:57:01 AM
I rewatched this for the first time in maybe two years. Absolutely love it,  but there is one thing I have never understood....why does Bigfoot plant the drugs in Doc's trunk setting Doc up as "bait"? How does this benefit Bigfoot?

As Sortilege says, "Well morning Sam. Like a bad luck planet in today's horoscope, here's the old hippy-hating mad dog himself in the flesh..."

Other than being the arch nemesis of South Bay hippies, Bigfoot chooses to plant the dope on Doc because then the LAPD would be able to tie Doc to Adrian and Puck's murders – which Bigfoot obviously wanted – thus keeping himself in the clear as he would likely be considered a suspect since Adrian murdered his partner and he was known around town as having a vendetta against Prussia.

Bigfoot also knows that by planting the dope on Doc, he's ensuring Doc falls into trouble with the Golden Fang. What he doesn't for-see is Doc's prior relationship with Crocker Fenway saving him from death by trampoline  :yabbse-grin:
"All I ever wanted was a cool '78 'Vette and a house in the country."

jviness02

Quote from: strandedwriter on June 30, 2019, 04:15:28 AM
Quote from: jviness02 on June 29, 2019, 11:57:01 AM

As Sortilege says, "Well morning Sam. Like a bad luck planet in today's horoscope, here's the old hippy-hating mad dog himself in the flesh..."

Other than being the arch nemesis of South Bay hippies, Bigfoot chooses to plant the dope on Doc because then the LAPD would be able to tie Doc to Adrian and Puck's murders – which Bigfoot obviously wanted – thus keeping himself in the clear as he would likely be considered a suspect since Adrian murdered his partner and he was known around town as having a vendetta against Prussia.

Bigfoot also knows that by planting the dope on Doc, he's ensuring Doc falls into trouble with the Golden Fang. What he doesn't for-see is Doc's prior relationship with Crocker Fenway saving him from death by trampoline  :yabbse-grin:

This makes sense. Thanks!

Tdog

Who would like to see Vineland adapted by PTA as a sequel? I.E change the Vineland cast names to the Inherent Vice cast names and keep the same actors!

Drenk

As much as I love IV, I'd rather have Anderson write original screenplays.
Ascension.

Alethia

Quote from: Tdog on July 04, 2019, 04:07:24 AM
Who would like to see Vineland adapted by PTA as a sequel? I.E change the Vineland cast names to the Inherent Vice cast names and keep the same actors!

This guy. Yep.

SaunchSmilax

This guy 100%. But don't change the names and keep only some of the same actors. Then play a double bill with IV at the New Bev  :yabbse-grin:

Tdog

Quote from: strandedwriter on July 04, 2019, 03:17:00 PM

This guy 100%. But don't change the names and keep only some of the same actors. Then play a double bill with IV at the New Bev  :yabbse-grin:
So you wouldn't rename Zoyd to be Doc and Brock to be Bigfoot?

Looking at the synopsis again Shasta and Frenesi don't really share much in common apart from the fact they were both with Doc.

SaunchSmilax

Definitely do a straight adaptation but maybe cast Phoenix and Brolin?

Tdog

Jena Malone might make a good Frenesi!