Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: wilberfan on May 07, 2021, 10:39:55 AM
I'm in. But only if I can do it in my car while driving.

I think that just made my day...

Yes

Quote from: WorldForgot on May 06, 2021, 12:52:11 PM
Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on April 21, 2021, 10:06:31 AM
Quote from: Mattbish19 on April 21, 2021, 07:28:21 AM
What makes people think sellar and lupi arent involved theres like nothing to say they arent ?

Do people just go of hear say and just spread that as factual news?

A couple people here visited the set quite a bit.

Quote from: Yes on May 06, 2021, 12:36:50 PM
Quote from: wilberfan on May 05, 2021, 07:30:52 PM
Quote from: Mattbish19 on May 05, 2021, 07:27:03 PM
Care to elaborate  pal

No, sir.

?????

To say the least, etc. Don't know how many times it will need to be emphasized that we are trying to respect the production by letting the rollout/release take the shape Paul + Ghoulardi Co. intend.

That's nonsense lol. We're allowed to speculate and discuss theories and production details

Alethia

jenkins

with respect, it goads the plebs to mention the possession of unsharable information, and then hold their curiosity against them. if you know better, act better

there's no major issue involved in this conversation and the whole thing is out of proportion from a fundamental perspective

Alethia

You're right. I shall delete.

WorldForgot

I was just explaining why wilberfan and others cannot elaborate. Because it's more than mere speculation. Don't know if it was read as a heated commentary, lol. It wasn't intended as such, it was just a reply to the "?????"

Quote from: jenkins on May 07, 2021, 03:30:38 PM
there's no major issue involved in this conversation and the whole thing is out of proportion from a fundamental perspective

Facts tho ~

Yes

Wilberfan blabbing about stalking the set and various involved in production but remaining tight-lipped about "info" as if he is an "insider" rubs me the wrong way. These threads have welcomed prior leaks and speculation. If someone doesn't want to elaborate certain aspects of the film, probably shouldn't throw it out there to begin with

WorldForgot

Word. Maybe consider it just the nature of Valley livin' and PTA fandom?
Well, it ain't intended as agitation, iz all.
Where's pubrick?

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Yes on May 07, 2021, 04:59:21 PMWilberfan blabbing about stalking the set and various involved in production but remaining tight-lipped about "info" as if he is an "insider" rubs me the wrong way. These threads have welcomed prior leaks and speculation. If someone doesn't want to elaborate certain aspects of the film, probably shouldn't throw it out there to begin with

I hesitate to keep this going, but it seems fairly civil, and I think there are some misconceptions that I could possibly address here...

Firstly I think WorldForgot's post about not speculating was (understandably) misinterpreted. He was only self-policing and mentioning why he, specifically, and a handful of others who visited the set can't join in the speculation.

Speculation is not forbidden and obviously shouldn't be discouraged. If someone who has the actual answer joins in the conversation, I'm certain their intention is not to shut down speculation, but rather to be helpful or potentially insightful while still walking that line.

I do understand the dynamic getting weird, though, when there's that imbalance, and looking at my previous post I'm sure I exacerbated that.

A very early thing posted here got quickly leaked elsewhere, so since then the tight-lippedness has been a necessity. I get how one might react badly to coyness in this situation, but personally I think someone who's truly put in the work is allowed to exercise their own discretion and even have some amount of fun with it. I know I would.

With all that understood I think we're hopefully more or less on the same page.

wilberfan

Perhaps this will serve to bring us all back together in the spirit of brotherhood.

https://youtu.be/GjE9Td9mAAE

jenkins

clearly made by the same people who make the Instagram fact pages

wilberfan

OSCARS 2022
These Are the Movies the Academy Is Counting On to Save the Oscars

QuoteSOGGY BOTTOM (November 26)
The case for Oscar: It's Paul Thomas Anderson, do you need any more information? Just a little? Okay: It's about a teenage actor (Cooper Hoffman, son of the late Phillip Seymour) in the 1970s, and Soggy Bottom is apparently just a working title. But otherwise, it's currently shrouded in as much mystery as PTA projects usually are.
The case for skepticism: Critics are sure to love it, but awards-wise there's always a chance this could be more Inherent Vice than Phantom Thread.

jenkins

if they'd watched the trailer created by the robot they'd know who cop 2 is and wouldn't think of it as shrouded in mystery

WorldForgot

Quote from: wilberfan on May 07, 2021, 10:29:49 PM
Perhaps this will serve to bring us all back together in the spirit of brotherhood.

https://youtu.be/GjE9Td9mAAE

:lol: :crazyeyes:

wilberfan

I'm not sure I'd seen this one yet.