Movie confessions!

Started by Sigur Rós, May 29, 2003, 09:10:40 AM

EL__SCORCHO

Hmmmm time to confess eh? Well ok, I think "2001: A Space Odyssey" is one of the worst movies of all time. Definately one of, if not, the most overrated movie of all time. I'd rather watch "Save the last dance" than this.

Havent seen all of Goddard's films , but from the ones I've seen, I don't want to see anymore (I like Breathless).

As far as bad movies I like, I LOVE "Waynes World" for some reason.

Sigur Rós

Did anyone ever have sex at a movie-theater?.....that's a real sin!....I guess it's ok during some movies....

Sleuth

How the Hell do you get away with that
I like to hug dogs

©brad

Quote from: EL__RETARDOHmmmm time to confess eh? Well ok, I think "2001: A Space Odyssey" is one of the worst movies of all time. Definately one of, if not, the most overrated movie of all time. I'd rather watch "Save the last dance" than this.

u should have taken that one to the grave.

can we stop this thread now? cuz im afraid when potential new members come to xixax to see what its all about, after reading this crap they might reconsider joining.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: tremoloslothHow the Hell do you get away with that

I've never actually done it, but I've thought about it many times. Do you recommend any movies?

Pwaybloe

Uh... nice avatar Victory Rose.  What's the star trying to hide?

Sigur Rós

Quote from: PawbloeUh... nice avatar Victory Rose.  What's the star trying to hide?

Btw. Thanx for calling me Victory Rose...very understanding!

It's hiding the ugliest part of my body!

Pwaybloe

Quote from: Sigur RósIt's hiding the ugliest part of my body!

Yeah, I guess there aren't too many assholes that are sexy...except Shannon Doherty.

Budum ching.

pookiethecat

Quote from: ebeaman
Quote from: pookiethecatwhoa, holy shit.  i just realized i completely misunderstood ebeaman's post..

Yeah, what was all that about? I didn't really get any of that. Damn, this thread filled up fast the one day I didn't post.

earlier when you were like "Let me just ask a completely fucking rude personal question...are you bi or gay? You don't have to answer if you don't want to, I'm not homophobic at all, seriously...that's the rudest question I've ever asked...I was just curious."  i thought you were being sarcastic and being pc and pissy at me for asking if godardian was a gay man or a straight woman.  hehe, but you weren't. ..so in essence, my head was up my ass...anyway, sorry about the confusion
i wanna lick 'em.

pixelnixel

did anyone else see Joe vs. the Volcanoe and like it? I hope this is still relevant to the original topic???
I liked the cowboy song as he's staring at the moon and stranded with Meg Ryan on the luggage, it was as if a precursor to Cast away had taken place.  Only much lighter and stupid. Ok, I thought it was cute and I liked the music and the acting was pitiful, but I love that movie, ok. I loved it and I'm not ashamed to admit it's the ONLY Meg Ryan film I like.
Patience builds the mind of man.  
Maintain balance while you plan.

Ernie

Quote from: pookiethecat
Quote from: ebeaman
Quote from: pookiethecatwhoa, holy shit.  i just realized i completely misunderstood ebeaman's post..

Yeah, what was all that about? I didn't really get any of that. Damn, this thread filled up fast the one day I didn't post.

earlier when you were like "Let me just ask a completely fucking rude personal question...are you bi or gay? You don't have to answer if you don't want to, I'm not homophobic at all, seriously...that's the rudest question I've ever asked...I was just curious."  i thought you were being sarcastic and being pc and pissy at me for asking if godardian was a gay man or a straight woman.  hehe, but you weren't. ..so in essence, my head was up my ass...anyway, sorry about the confusion

Ohhhhh, alright...I see. Yea, I wasn't trying to give that impression at all. Reading it over again it seems A LOT like I did though...my bad, it was really badly done...I kinda quoted you by accident within godardian's quote. Sarcasm is probably one of the most misunderstood things on the internet...it doesn't translate well when it's intended and when it's not, it can be thought to have been... :?

pookiethecat

hehe yeah...sarcasm and the internet usually don't mix as our little misunderstanding illustrated. it's okay though if it has a subsequent wink attached.  for instance.  has anyone confessed their somewhat embarrassed affection towards coyote ugly yet?  not that i was going to or anything... :wink:   see.  just putting the lesson we've learned into action.    

:-D
i wanna lick 'em.

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: pixelnixeldid anyone else see Joe vs. the Volcanoe and like it? I hope this is still relevant to the original topic???
I liked the cowboy song as he's staring at the moon and stranded with Meg Ryan on the luggage, it was as if a precursor to Cast away had taken place.  Only much lighter and stupid. Ok, I thought it was cute and I liked the music and the acting was pitiful, but I love that movie, ok. I loved it and I'm not ashamed to admit it's the ONLY Meg Ryan film I like.

What about When Harry Met Sally?  I have a soft spot for this movie......don't know why, but it just does.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

polkablues

Quote from: pookiethecathas anyone confessed their somewhat embarrassed affection towards coyote ugly yet? :-D

I'll cop to it.  What the hell, I'm a huge Maria Bello fan.
My house, my rules, my coffee

pookiethecat

Quote from: polkablues
Quote from: pookiethecathas anyone confessed their somewhat embarrassed affection towards coyote ugly yet? :-D

I'll cop to it.  What the hell, I'm a huge Maria Bello fan.

I liked all the women in that movie.  Piper Perabo especially.  

ps: maria bello= best doctor ever on ER
i wanna lick 'em.