Coolest cigarette smoking in a movie

Started by ShanghaiOrange, August 11, 2003, 08:41:46 PM

last days of gerry the elephant

The Red Circle, so god damn cool. Melville films in general.

john

Jim Jarmusch - Blue in the Face

Speaking of Jarmusch...

Tom Motherfucking Waits...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6Mw6b1T50U&feature=related

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

InTylerWeTrust

I know this thread is OLD AS FUCK... But I have to bring it back to life... cuz sadly, none of you guys mentioned this:

Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.

Jeremy Blackman

This thread is depressing. A lot of this "smoking is cool" stuff seems really dated now and kind of ridiculous, right? Given the way the social acceptability of smoking has changed so dramatically. I can't help but find the "omg look at me smoking I'm so cool" scenes to be unintentionally funny. Or is it just me?

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on August 15, 2012, 11:46:15 PM
This thread is depressing. A lot of this "smoking is cool" stuff seems really dated now and kind of ridiculous, right? Given the way the social acceptability of smoking has changed so dramatically. I can't help but find the "omg look at me smoking I'm so cool" scenes to be unintentionally funny. Or is it just me?

I mean, you don't see many "look at me smoking, I'm so cool" scenes anymore. That's because they've become cliche and lame so no one wants to do one. But to see Deniro smoking while he thinks of Killing Maury, with "sunshine of your love" playing in the background is just STRAIGHT UP BADASS. Even if he had no cigarette, it would still be the shit.

The new thing now is to do the "Look at me, I'm doing drugs, I'm so cool" scenes... Now THOSE are (most of the time) unintentionally Hilarious.
Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.