Your worst case of movie spoiling

Started by Reel, June 02, 2012, 12:24:14 PM

Reel

what are the movies you've had spoiled for you that you regret the most?

mine are:

Pulp Fiction ( The Gold Watch ending, The Bonnie Situation )
Dear Zachary ( everything )
Friday the 13th ( Scream spoiled it for me )
SE7EN ( my Mom told me straight up what was in the box, when I was about the age of this movies' title )
Audition ( those dumb 'scariest scenes in horror' shows )
Rosemary's Baby ( "Rosemary's Baby is          's baby" )
Scream 2  ( "                is the killer" )

These are the one I deliberately spoiled for myself because I have no patience, so I read the scripts:

The Cabin in the Woods
Happiness
The Master

"The goddamn regret. The goddamn regret!"

I figured more would come to me eventually and I can't be the biggest asshole on planet Earth who this has happened to, so it's worth a thread..

pete

star wars
drive (by the spoiler - where the coolest moments all happened without buildup)
redbelt (by the international trailer)
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

polkablues

Bourne Supremacy - the review in my local newspaper actually spoiled Franka Potente getting killed at the beginning of the movie. The movie clearly wants to catch you off guard with that moment, and it would have been extremely effective at that had some small-town journalism-school dropout not blithely drooled out major plot points in his 2 1/2 star review of what is CLEARLY a 3 1/2 star movie.
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

Secret Window - someone here compared it to another movie's twist ending.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

Titanic - some douche said to me that the ship shinks in the movie.

pete

the ending of bloodsport was ruined by every other martial arts movie
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

diggler

Not a movie, but my ex girlfriend spoiled the "We have to go back" twist on Lost, I never forgave her.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Reel

Some movies kind of have to be spoiled to get you to see them. Like, you must be forewarned before you see Irreversible that there is a 10 minute rape scene, or you might be tempted to turn it off. Did anyone go into that movie without knowing about that scene? Doubt it. All you hear getting thrown around is that it's the rapiest rape scene ever, do you think you can handle it?

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Robyn

Quote from: Reelist on June 03, 2012, 05:11:17 PM
Some movies kind of have to be spoiled to get you to see them. Like, you must be forewarned before you see Irreversible that there is a 10 minute rape scene, or you might be tempted to turn it off. Did anyone go into that movie without knowing about that scene? Doubt it. All you hear getting thrown around is that it's the rapiest rape scene ever, do you think you can handle it?

I showed Irreversible for my best friend and his girlfriend without warning them.

IT WAS THE BEST NIGHT EVER  :twisted:

Quote from: Sleepless on June 04, 2012, 10:19:08 AM
The Sixth Sense.

Yeah, but that spoiler is kind of hard to stay away from.

polkablues

Not that it would have been a good movie otherwise, but I'm still pissed that they showed the bomb go off in the trailer for Sum of All Fears.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Reel

THE WIRE SPOILER!!!

Eminem spoiled how Omar meets his demise in the first verse of his song "Drop The Bomb on 'Em." He says "I'm hard as Kenard, that lil boy who shot Omar in 'The Wire'"

To his credit, it did get me to start watching the show, knowing that it had shit going down in it like that. To be introduced to Omar, one of the greatest anti-hero's of all time, and know all along that that's how he gets killed? Man, I would have never seen that coming. Fuck you, Eminem.

BREAKING BAD SPOILER!!!

Gus Fring's death was spoiled for me too, at this very site. I didn't figure out how he died, but someone posted that cut out halloween mask of his face and I couldn't help but click on it. Which in turn, got me to start watching the show, so these things can be blessings in disguise, but you never get that feeling of uncertainty back. It sucks.

sometimes getting spoiled acts as a smack in the face, like "Yeah, douchebag. This is what you're missing out on."

this seems like a relevant enough place to put this: