There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

tpfkabi

i e-mailed the address i found online. they replied the next day or so and said they weren't working on the film because of health issues or something. then they gave me another address and two attempts to it have yet to be returned.

is anyone else here trying to be involved with the movie in any way?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Fernando

A post from some guy at imdb, could be real.

Quote from: from someone at imdb 6 days ago
I have been playing the part of an Oil worker for the last 5 days of filming. It is 105 degrees with no shade. We stand in the direct sun for sometime 4 hours at a time between breaks. We arrive at the location in Winter, so we are wearing long sleeved shirts, fully buttoned, with wool coats, also fully buttoned, hats and gloves. If that weren,t enough, the makeup consists of oil sprayed on us and lots of dirt dusted on us. There are wind machines to kick up as much dust as possible, and believe me when I say there is a lot of it. Up to five people a day literally pass out. There are five weeks left to go. I'm determined to stick it out to the end even though we are putting in 10 to 13 hour days. On a good note, every one of the cast and crew are totally perfessional and great to work with. I have never heard one complaint from them, and they are actually performing all the physical work. We just stand around between shots. All in all it is a wonderfull experience. I'm not sure I'd do it again, but quitting is not an option. I just wanted to let you all know what it is like for the drilling portion of the movie.

I wonder if PTA is shooting that (if true) or if it's a second unit.

modage

According to the new issue of Interview Magazine (with Kate Bosworth on the cover), Paul Dano (L.I.E., the upcoming Little Miss Sunshine) will have a role in "Boogie Nights director Paul Thomas Anderson's next movie."
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Dano draws 'Blood' role for Anderson
Source: Hollywood Reporter

NEW YORK -- Paul Dano will star opposite Daniel Day-Lewis in Paul Thomas Anderson's drama "There Will Be Blood."

In the turn-of-the-century period piece, which Anderson is shrouding in secrecy, the "Little Miss Sunshine" actor will play a gifted, charismatic young preacher who captivates churchgoers. Day-Lewis portrays a tycoon who strikes it rich after gaining oil rights to a family's ranch, turning the small town where Dano's character preaches into a boomtown. The film is loosely based on Upton Sinclair's 1927 novel "Oil!"

It's been a busy time for Dano. His Sundance Film Festival hit "Sunshine" raked in an estimated $51,000 per screen in limited release during the weekend. In addition to "Blood," his upcoming projects include Spike Jonze's adaptation of Maurice Sendak's classic children's novel "Where the Wild Things Are" for Warner Bros. Pictures. For the film, Dano will be shot on digital video to portray a monster, with his movements and voice used as the model for a live-action puppet.

Dano also has completed Adam Bhala Lough's "Weapons," an indie drama about a series of teen killings in a suburban town in which he plays a disturbed social outcast who's starved for attention.

"Blood" is filming in Texas and Los Angeles. The project, executive produced by Scott Rudin, is being made through an equal partnership with Paramount Vantage and Miramax Films.

Dano is repped by the Gersh Agency and Industry Entertainment.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

Mild to Medium Spoilers

Quote from: Hollywood Reporter on August 02, 2006, 12:15:33 AM
The film is loosely based on Upton Sinclair's 1927 novel "Oil!"

Very loosely, btw... I don't know how many people here have read both the book and the screenplay, but it's like he adapted the first few chapters of the book then decided he wanted to go in a completely different direction from that point.

Pozer

damn, wish i had an oil leak.  how are you guys getting your hands greasy?

jigzaw

Astrostic

I would have never known it was him if someone didn't tell me

grand theft sparrow

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

modage

yes, he looks INSANE.  i would've never known it was him either.  (its crazy it took so long for the Paul Dano news to break).
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Fernando

As pointed out on c&v's the first leaked pic of DDL is very similar to the first pic of Sandler as Barry.

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection