stuff you are going to steal

Started by Ernie, February 25, 2003, 04:59:06 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: cecil b. demented
Quote from: Bill Maplewood
He tries to sound EXACTLY like pt anderson...it's embarrassing.

what do you mean? examples, please.

You're trying to sound EXACTLY like Duck Sauce...it's embarassing.

Bud_Clay

I don't know how to give you an example...it's just how he sounds...did you listen to the commentary?...if you've ever listened to a pt anderson commentary and then listen to the commentary on "blow" you'll be baffled.

Ernie

Oh, but I liked Blow anyway god help me, even though...I'll admit...it was influenced a little too heavily. Anyway, it was probably because of Johnny Depp, I love Johnny...I try to act like him (when I'm trying to act cool).

I'll have to be sure to listen to the commentary.

Cecil

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
You're trying to sound EXACTLY like Duck Sauce...it's embarassing.

this means war  :twisted:

Quote from: Bill Maplewoodif you've ever listened to a pt anderson commentary and then listen to the commentary on "blow" you'll be baffled.

"im just gonna wax your car, johnny, and say that in THIS scene you fucking NAILED IT!"

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: cecil b. demented"im just gonna wax your car, johnny, and say that in THIS scene you fucking NAILED IT!"

Hmmm.... I think you're right...

Quote from: cecil b. dementedthis means war  :twisted:

You think I want a war with you? I wouldn't even want a war with your avatar.

Victor

ted and pta were good friends. didnt pta himself say that in groups of friends, a speech pattern develops and a lot of sayings are shared? fuck, i saw psh on conan and HE reminded me of pta, even his laughing in between most of his sentences. ted didnt seem like he was copping pta's style at all on the commentary, its the same way he is on the documentary.
are you gonna eat with us too?

Cecil

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanI wouldn't even want a war with your avatar.

LOL i think i kinda look like that in real life. but my hair is dark and curly

Adam0199

Borrowing of all kinds can be related to postmodernism, which is creating a new and significant work out of or in reference to past work.  look at A bout de souffle-godard for example. i think that borrowing ideas is one of the most interesting, and yet unavoidable things in cinema. sure you can talk about Short Cuts/Nashville and Magnolia being similar but who would argue that Magnolia doesn't stand on its own and offer new things that push the medium forward.

Welles/Hawks>Godard,new wave>Scorsese/Altman>Jarmusch>PT Anderson>>>

Does it not make sense? And how can it be wrong?
Brian De Palma “Repeat yourself-only better.”

I knew that if I had the chance to direct a film that it would be an unpleasant experience, which it was and still is and never ends because one has a million chances to control things and people. Especially people and things, things and people. Controlling people . . . it's just hateful, it's the most horrible thing in the world and I'm very vindictive and unforgiving and punishing and it's horrible. And I knew I would be sucked in and I would have to control the food at craft service and I would have to control everything and if one thing didn't go right I would have to punish everyone. -Vincent Gallo