Hardware Suggestions

Started by Xixax, January 09, 2003, 08:11:18 PM

aclockworkjj

Xixax...what is your main purpose with the board?  To capture DV from a camera or to capture say VHS footage?  Or both?  Sorry, just curious....

Xixax

Quote from: aclockworkjjXixax...what is your main purpose with the board?  To capture DV from a camera or to capture say VHS footage?  Or both?  Sorry, just curious....
Well, my "excuse" for buying it is that we're a multimedia company, and we get source material for internet compression from a lot of different formats. VHS, Super VHS, Mini DV, and file uploads. So, you can see why we'd need analog and digital inputs. My DV deck, unfortunately, is just a camera. If I had an actual deck, I could use it for the A/D conversion, but we haven't invested in one yet.

But more selfishly, I wanted the digital in so I could play with making DV shorts.  :)
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Xixax
It even recognized my cheapo Panasonic DV camera without any extra drivers. It has machine control and everything.

Are you using a Premiere plug-in or just the generic device conrol?...again, just curious as to what worked best for ya.  Reguardless, I am glad to see everything seems to be falling into place for you....thus supporting my greatest theory....buy now, worry later!!!

Xixax

I just plugged it in and turned it on. Windows XP recognized my Panasonic DV-1000 camera as soon as the firewire was plugged in to the port, and before I knew what was going on, I was controlling the little camera's deck with onscreen controls. Pretty darn nifty.

I wouldn't want to do any real editing with that little thing. It would probably wear out pretty quickly. But, it's great for dumping things straight to the HD and editing from there.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]