I can get a free ticket to one of these shows:

Started by Reinhold, September 01, 2005, 03:25:47 PM

Reinhold

1 free ticket per Purchase College student ID.  Tickets are available at the box office, located in the lower lobby of The Performing Arts Center.

First come, first served - comp tickets available to Humanities, Film, Media Studies, etc. students for the following:

The Suzanne and Norman Hascoe Lecture Series

Cultural Conversations with America's Great Film Makers
Examining Cultural & Politics Through The Camera's Eye

The series features America's great filmmakers talking about their views on cultural and politics, and how they examine these issues through the camera's eye.

Jonathan Demme
The Manchurian Candidate, Philadelphia, The Silence of the Lambs, Married to the Mob, and Swing Shift
Tuesday, September 20, 7pm
The Performing Arts Center

Ken Burns
Jazz, Baseball, The Civil War, and Brooklyn Bridge
Tuesday, October 18, 7pm

Robert Altman
Gosford Park, The Gingerbread Man, Short Cuts, Vincent & Theo, Fool for Love, Come Back to the Five and Dime Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean, Nashville and M.A.S.H.

Tuesday, November 8, 7pm

Spike Lee
Do the Right Thing, 'Mo Better Blues, Four Little Girls, Crooklyn, Malcolm X, Clockers, Jungle Fever, and
The Original King of Comedy
Tuesday, December 13, 7pm

your thoughts?

i'm thinkin spike lee or Ken Burns
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

mogwai

altman here, if he keels over pta will continue the show.

w/o horse

Spike Lee will probably be the most interesting, but like mogwai suggests, Altman doesn't have a lot of live performances left, you know.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

modage

how much is it when it's not free?  can anyone (not just students go)?  and how far (how big of a pain in the ass) is it to get to from nyc?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Reinhold

Quote from: modagehow much is it when it's not free?  can anyone (not just students go)?  and how far (how big of a pain in the ass) is it to get to from nyc?

take the north line from grand central into white plains... take the 12 bus from white plains to purchase. not a big pain in the ass.

open to the public.

no idea how much it costs.

it's just on the other side of campus from me. if you come we should do somethin
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Tictacbk

My votes for Altman, don't know how its even a choice.   Spike Lee spoke at my school the year before i came here and i heard the high-light was when he got into an argument about the Redsox so...thats nice.

But yea...Altman

Reinhold

i kinda hated gosford park. i haven't seen much of his other stuff.

Brazoliange

altman's dead soon

ken burns would probably be the most interesting to listen to about culture
Long live the New Flesh

The Red Vine

I'd vote for Lee. Altman would be nice too though.
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

72teeth

Spike Lee...i can't justify why he's the best choice, but, yeah...Spike Lee...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Alethia

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SHAFTR

"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Reinhold

update:

i can go to all of them for free.

tickets for the public, depending on where you sit are:

$50, $40, or $30