Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Drill

This dude looks 30 at the youngest (if we're wondering if he's playing a high school student).

wilberfan

wrongright

Bombs away?

QuoteInterestingly enough, I spoke with two fellas who work in the industry the other day, and told me that there were several discussions (and disagreements between Paul and some of the executives) in the past few weeks concerning the possibility for a couple of reshoots during May-June, cause of unsatisfying reactions by MGM guys who saw early rough cuts of the movie. The one friend of them in particular mentioned that the acting of some youngsters was found to be "poor" in some sequences that were shot quickly due the pandemic, and there are also thoughts to bring Bradley Cooper back in order to shoot more scenes (maybe to sell the movie better to a bigger audience? is yet to be clarified). I have no idea what the shit is going on but felt the need to share this, I guess we"ll have to wait and see what happens..

https://www.reddit.com/r/paulthomasanderson/comments/mllkdv/are_all_pta_movies_this_secretive/gtstsdv/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

pynchonikon

Quote from: wrongright on April 08, 2021, 04:41:04 PM
Bombs away?

QuoteInterestingly enough, I spoke with two fellas who work in the industry the other day, and told me that there were several discussions (and disagreements between Paul and some of the executives) in the past few weeks concerning the possibility for a couple of reshoots during May-June, cause of unsatisfying reactions by MGM guys who saw early rough cuts of the movie. The one friend of them in particular mentioned that the acting of some youngsters was found to be "poor" in some sequences that were shot quickly due the pandemic, and there are also thoughts to bring Bradley Cooper back in order to shoot more scenes (maybe to sell the movie better to a bigger audience? is yet to be clarified). I have no idea what the shit is going on but felt the need to share this, I guess we"ll have to wait and see what happens..

https://www.reddit.com/r/paulthomasanderson/comments/mllkdv/are_all_pta_movies_this_secretive/gtstsdv/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Hahaha false alarm, it was me who wrote this, I couldn't resist making fun of a troll who's used to spoil every comments section in that subreddit (I'm glad to see he fell into the trap, eventually).

Drill

I had no idea he had his own subreddit.

kingfan011

Quote from: pynchonikon on April 08, 2021, 05:16:46 PM
Quote from: wrongright on April 08, 2021, 04:41:04 PM
Bombs away?

Hahaha false alarm, it was me who wrote this, I couldn't resist making fun of a troll who's used to spoil every comments section in that subreddit (I'm glad to see he fell into the trap, eventually).

You definitely got me. Since the movie does star at least one untested young actor that was a smart addition you put in regarding the acting.

wilberfan

Quote from: Drill on April 08, 2021, 05:22:34 PM
I had no idea he had his own subreddit.

Yep. 

(Boogie Nights, too.  Xixaxers get in free.)  :yabbse-grin:

Rooty Poots

Quote from: pynchonikon on April 08, 2021, 05:16:46 PM

We're talking about TheLastSnowKing, right? It's absolutely bizarre how single-minded he is in his hate of PTA. Going to his profile, and he doesn't appear to comment or post in any other subreddit.
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

wilberfan

Quote from: Rooty Poots on April 09, 2021, 11:01:15 AM
We're talking about TheLastSnowKing, right? It's absolutely bizarre how single-minded he is in his hate of PTA. Going to his profile, and he doesn't appear to comment or post in any other subreddit.

I think he'd dry up and blow away--if people would just stop engaging with him.  But he's definitely the turd in the punchbowl over there.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote from: wilberfan on April 09, 2021, 11:40:35 AM
Quote from: Rooty Poots on April 09, 2021, 11:01:15 AM

I think he'd dry up and blow away--if people would just stop engaging with him.  But he's definitely the turd in the punchbowl over there.

Its kind of hilarious. Sometimes I scroll straight to the bottom of the comments just to see what stupid shit he is saying on any given topic. My running theory is that he is a Fiona stan on some misguided white knight crusade.

I was definitely sus about the "i know these guys who work in the industry who heard someone say something about the movie" haha. Always a legit way to get news.

tomthiel57

Drenk

Well. Not sure what that means for Cannes. Now I just egoistically hope that you won't get it in, like, October.  :yabbse-grin:
Ascension.

wilberfan

Whatdya think?  A Thanksgiving Limited / Christmas Wide release in the USA?

Drenk

That's the privileged Oscar spot, no?
Ascension.

wilberfan