Fargo (TV series)

Started by Punch, March 19, 2014, 03:11:44 PM

Drenk

It will probably recover but my heart isn't with the show the same way it was in season 1. Too much distance with the characters. And Season 1 was surprising in a way Season 2 isn't. But there's nothing bad with being straightforward. And I can still feel that the show is in the same world. Some scenes are excellent.
Ascension.

Jeremy Blackman

Totally agreed. Also, this suffers in comparison to The Leftovers right now. Which is not really fair. A show that has not been renewed yet. Which is really not fair.

samsong

last couple episodes have been a bit of a letdown as it's resorted to rote gangster tropes and really regressed in its coen bros pastiche.  the miller's crossing riff was hollow at best.  oh well.  what could've been...

Garam

It picked up again after the Miller's Crossing retread. This last episode was fantastic. Kirsten Dunst was the highlight.

this show is perfect and you guys are crazy. that is all.
every scene is like the best scene from a great movie.
seriously. think about it. even if you dont like the millers crossing scene in the episode
you still know thats the best and/or most iconic scene from that film. the infinity mirror elevator shots?
best show on tv now and i will stand by it to the death.
also: anyone following the episode title theme this season? i exposed the first season earlier in this thread.

Jeremy Blackman

This week's episode was definitely a return to form. It leaned a little too heavily on punchlines at times, but it was still great. It had that Fargo freshness and was genuinely unpredictable.

Season 2 is definitely missing the weight of Season 1, though. They never really found a way to replace Lorne Malvo's energy in a consistent way. Mike Milligan is amazing, but he's fizzled out a bit. Hanzee is amazing too, but he's had such a late emergence (and is now presumably on the run). It feels like they're experimenting.

I think The Leftovers is far and away the best show on TV. Not that it's a competition, just saying.

diggler

Guys, guys, why does everything have to be a competition? Fargo and The Leftovers are both excellent shows with their own merits.

Besides, The Knick is the best show on television.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Tictacbk

I think this season is better than last season. Mr Robot is the best show of the year.

polkablues

All worthy competitors, but You're The Worst is the actual best show on television right now.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Drenk

The Sopranos is still the best show on television. I'm sure it airs somewhere. On televisions.
Ascension.

Garam

Nathan for You stands head and shoulders above the competititon

Jeremy Blackman

That's why you have a Comedy & Musical category.

Alexandro

what happened? this was going so well. and then these two last episodes, specially last episode. wtf?
the kristen dunst stuff really felt unearned and forced into us. like "just accept this nonsense"...the blonde dude phone call to the hotel, the way he managed to get his call to the room...just lazy. come on, fargo, you can recover. I have faith.

Drenk

What's the nonsense about Dunst character? The show begins to acknowledge what we all know since the first episode of the season. Something is wrong with her.
Ascension.

Garam

Are you nuts? That was maybe the best episode of the entire run! The Dunst stuff wasn't unearned, she's been the one steering this ship the entire time. Plemons wanted to talk when the cop gave them the ultimatum, she stonewalled it.

The phonecall thing doesn't bother me because this is pulpy as hell and has never gone for realism. The Billy Bob character in the first season was borderline supernatural.