There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

Marty McSuperfly

Nothing much, just a new quote from PTA

Source: USA Weekend Holiday Movies preview

There Will Be Blood (Dec. 26) For this film version of the classic Upton Sinclair novel about the origins of the oil industry, filmmakers had to build a 60-foot derrick in barren Marfa, Texas, and then set fire to it. "There was a lot of anxiety about that on the set," says director Paul Thomas Anderson. "Our special-effects expert told us, 'I can start the fire, but I can't guarantee we can put it out.' " The filming went fine, but the experience made a big impression on Anderson. "I got a whole new appreciation for what firefighters go through."

bonanzataz

i keep telling myself that i'm not going to look at this thread, b/c how can the movie possibly live up to these enormous expectations?

but here i am...

i do think, and i don't think i'm the first to suggest this, that we should make a new thread for when the movie opens. we're already on page 56 and nobody's even seen this yet.

PS - sorry for the substance free post. i'm on a diet.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

'Blood' Lands in L.A.
Source: Kris Tapley; Red Carpet District

Paramount Vantage showed Paul Thomas Anderson's "There Will Be Blood" to a mere four -- count 'em -- four members of the Los Angeles entertainment press corps last night...but don't expect any reviews yet.

That's right, we're all expected to be nice enough to hold our thoughts until the Nov. 5 unveiling of the film in San Francisco, at which point the flood gates will certainly go down in a hurry.

All of this despite the fact that the film was kinda, sorta reviewed here at Variety by a stringer out of the Fantastic Fest in Austin, mind you.  Marjorie Baumgarten of the Austin Chronicle had some thoughts in print at that outlet as well as on Variety's festival blog "The Circuit."  John DeFore, meanwhile, ran a full review out of the fest at The Hollywood Reporter.  So the sanctioned cat, if you will, is somewhat out of the bag.

But like I said...we're being nice.

More to come...
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

JG

Quote from: Stefen on October 24, 2007, 11:49:24 PM
Be sure to blog from the campout.

yeah, and we're gonna need updates every five minutes during the movie. 

score/no score
blood/no blood

etc. 

last days of gerry the elephant

Ew, they could have at least type set OIL! in the same 'black letter' as the movie title.

idk

SPOILS

http://bibliomarket.wordpress.com/2006/12/11/gallaudet-student-russell-harvard-on-csi-ny-dec-13/
This isn't very special but it does have a picture of the guy playing the older H.W.

picolas

Pozer

the actor/character is listed on imdb tho.  there're spoils everywhere.  one of the titles on the soundrack seems like a spoil.   

picolas

there will be spoils. but that's no excuse for posting them here without proper warning.

Stefen

Let's just refrain from posting ANYTHING. Just to be safe.

Lock thread please.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

idk

Pubrick

yeah it's a pretty big spoil. that's ok, rookie mistake. i'll just go on a huge bender right before i see the movie.

uh,.., on second thought just everybody please think before you post news, especially when it's obviously about the future/later (in this case maybe even post-final) stages of the story.
under the paving stones.

edison

I can't wait for the next person to post a unlabeled spoiler, they are sooooooo screwed.

tpfkabi

I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.