New Fall Shows

Started by Kal, May 16, 2006, 09:54:40 AM

cine

Glee is a really fun show. Jessalyn Gilsig makes that show worth watching. her character is insane and i hate her. and i can't wait to watch all her plans get foiled.

i enjoy Modern Family too but i think TV execs needs to remember.. not ALL new comedy shows need to have a documentary feel. the characters don't HAVE to talk to a camera crew following them. this show better be the end of that.

as for Community, im amazed anyone cares about that show. Joel McHale terribly miscast. i know hes not likable and thats the point.. but i'm not even INTERESTED in seeing his character develop. he unfortunately comes across that unlikable. otherwise i'd wanna watch since Chevy, John Oliver and Donald Glover is great trio.

diggler

Quote from: cine on October 08, 2009, 06:53:02 PM

as for Community, im amazed anyone cares about that show. Joel McHale terribly miscast. i know hes not likable and thats the point.. but i'm not even INTERESTED in seeing his character develop. he unfortunately comes across that unlikable. otherwise i'd wanna watch since Chevy, John Oliver and Donald Glover is great trio.

i disagree about McHale being unlikeable. the look on his face when he found out Chevy paid for him to be his partner sold me that he had a soul. that being said, who cares if his character develops? the show is funny and that's enough for me. do i watch the office because i hope michael scott develops?
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

cine

Quote from: ddiggler on October 08, 2009, 06:57:40 PM

i disagree about McHale being unlikeable. the look on his face when he found out Chevy paid for him to be his partner sold me that he had a soul. that being said, who cares if his character develops? the show is funny and that's enough for me. do i watch the office because i hope michael scott develops?

McHale isn't watchable. thats all im saying. i like everything about the show except for him... so its not easy to enjoy when you could care less for the main character.

polkablues

I like McHale a lot.  The show hasn't entirely captured my attention yet, but that's the fault of the spotty writing, certainly not of the cast, which is spot-on.

Plus: Alison Brie!
My house, my rules, my coffee

pete

yeah mchale was too much of a douche in the first two episodes, but it seems like with every episode they're massively tweaking down the doucheness - I think whatever focus group they tested the movie with had the same response.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

MacGuffin

Glee is a really fun show. Jessalyn Gilsig makes that show worth watching. her character is insane and i hate her. and i can't wait to watch all her plans get foiled.

But Jane Lynch is more INSANE!

Quote from: MacGuffin on September 24, 2009, 01:09:22 AMIt almost has a American Beauty vibe to it.

Scratch that. The show is like Election, but with songs.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

Glee is a really fun show.

I like it too but some of the musical numbers are just painful to watch. I had to turn the channel last night when the teacher dude started busting out the Thong Song. I wish they'd give the girls (particular the awesome black girl) more screentime. There's only so much white guys dancing/lip synching one can stomach.

Pwaybloe

That's kind of the point, though.  Everyone involved is awkward and ridiculous.  They accept it because singing and dancing makes them feel good.  It's not meant to be cool in any regard.  

We've all seen that white guy at the wedding party that really shouldn't be doing that break-dancing move because he looks retarded and is probably going to split his pants once again.  Everyone shouts, "Thanks for ruining another wedding, bar mitzvah, dog show, monster truck rally, etc. Uncle Marty!"  He pulls the move(s) off in typical fashion and is beaming after the performance.  Of course until he gets his second DUI in two years.  Fucking drunk.

©brad

Quote from: Pwaybloe on October 22, 2009, 11:37:57 AM
That's kind of the point, though.  Everyone involved is awkward and ridiculous.  They accept it because singing and dancing makes them feel good.  It's not meant to be cool in any regard.

All I'm saying is that not even to save the entire planet from some kind of terminal plague or zombie epidemic should that white ass teacher be dancing. It's not cool. It's not funny, not even in a "look how awkward and goofy that is" kind of way. It's an abomination.

Neil

I believe i'm speaking out of turn here, since i've never watched Glee before.

But isn't there something better playing during this time slot? What audience is this show aiming for?
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

SiliasRuby

Its for 18-30 people. Quite a great little show. Its like a musical version of 'election'.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

polkablues

Quote from: MacGuffin on October 15, 2009, 07:57:42 AM
But Jane Lynch is more INSANE!

My favorite Jane Lynch line: "If you are even one minute late, I will go to the animal shelter and get you a kitty cat. I will let you fall in love with that kitty cat. And then, one cold, dark night, I will steal into your house, and I will punch you in the face."
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

Quote from: Neil on October 22, 2009, 03:14:09 PMBut isn't there something better playing during this time slot?

I catch the Mythbusters repeat at midnight.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

i thought Community was pretty good last night.

*might not be exact*

"you say, "Stop," he'll say "Hammer time!"

the blonde learning about the female "two at a time" bathroom thing was funny.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Pedro

I watched modern family for a while.  I find a lot of it funny, but the wholesome endings to every episode ruin it for me.  The characters need to be just a little meaner. 

Is no one else watching Bored to Death?  It's fantastic.  The tone is unique, the performances great, and it's just fun to watch.  It deserves its own thread.