I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

edison

So I guess you took advantage of that nice 40% off criterion sale at dvdplanet (also at deepdiscount), right.

I just pre-ordered the eclipse Bergman and Malle sets.

samsong

i bought The Testament of Dr. Mabuse and Divorce Italian style from a friend who was getting rid of all his dvds.  Amarcord, i bought from deepdiscount.

w/o horse

Ghostboy. Rod Serling. Robert Flaherty.   samsong.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

MacGuffin

Quote from: edison on March 02, 2007, 01:42:14 PM
So I guess you took advantage of that nice 40% off criterion sale at dvdplanet (also at deepdiscount), right.

Thanks for reminding me.

Added:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

edison

Quote from: MacGuffin on March 02, 2007, 03:53:13 PM
Quote from: edison on March 02, 2007, 01:42:14 PM
Thanks for reminding me.

and thanks for editing my post, dvdplanet is having the sale but it is not advertised like at dd, the titles on their home page are not adjusted

view them all here:http://www.dvdplanet.com/criterion.cfm

samsong

w/o horse

DDD sale:

Does anyone have anything to say about Sword of Doom or Double Suicide?  I thought about it.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

modage

i heard this was good!

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

john

a bunch of Amazon boxes that arrived at once...

Peter Pan
Borat
Tenacious D: POD
Stranger Than Fiction
Alexander Revisted
Cinderella Liberty
Lets Go To Prison - From everything I hear, even from other Bob Odenkirk/Ben Garant/Thomas Lennon fans, I'm gonna regret having bought this. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Night of the Comet
South Park: Ninth
Tideland - 1.85:1? Bullshit. Sometimes pre-orders bite you in the ass.
Fast Food Nation

Also, I got two copies of disc one of Alexander and no disc two. I can't part with sending my DVD, which I already waited a week for, to fucking Kentucky or wherever Amazon does their returns and waiting another three weeks for the problem to be fixed...

Anyone got any novel ideas on how I can exhange this for a proper, not fucked up, version? I was thinking Netflix, but a good deal of their discs are produced exclusively for Netflix and are grey and say....you know...Netflix on them.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

MacGuffin

Quote from: john on March 06, 2007, 12:27:48 PMAlso, I got two copies of disc one of Alexander and no disc two. I can't part with sending my DVD, which I already waited a week for, to fucking Kentucky or wherever Amazon does their returns and waiting another three weeks for the problem to be fixed...

Anyone got any novel ideas on how I can exhange this for a proper, not fucked up, version? I was thinking Netflix, but a good deal of their discs are produced exclusively for Netflix and are grey and say....you know...Netflix on them.

Take it to Best Buy, tell 'em the problem and say you don't have a receipt because you got it as a gift. Worse they can tell you is 'no.'

This week:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

Quote from: john on March 06, 2007, 12:27:48 PM
Also, I got two copies of disc one of Alexander and no disc two. I can't part with sending my DVD, which I already waited a week for, to fucking Kentucky or wherever Amazon does their returns and waiting another three weeks for the problem to be fixed...

Only a few of the Netflix movies have the Netflix logo on them, and that's usually because they themselves are involved in the DVD distribution.

Anyway, returning it to Amazon doesn't take very long because they'll send you a new one as soon as you report the problem.  They usually will do that within a day, so that if you report it today, it'll ship tomorrow (with no charge) and then you'll only have to wait however long it usually takes for Amazon stuff to get to you.  Then you just ship back your thing within 30 days or else they'll charge you for both orders.

This will give you enough time to hold onto your DVD until the new one arrives, so that you don't at any point have to be Alexanderless.

AND to stay on topic:

... because I couldn't resist that wonderful cover.

and

... because it was an official selection of the New York Film Festival.

john

Good ideas from both of you. I'm gonna try the Best Buy thing first, just because I'm a sucker for instant gratification...if that falls through, I'll contact Amazon.. seeing as it's not gonna be the hassle I'd orginally thought.

And thanks for reminding me to buy Saraband and, to a greater extent, Scenes From A Marriage. How they've escaped my collection this long is baffling.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

w/o horse

samsong

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.