Bewitched

Started by Finn, April 26, 2004, 03:10:24 PM

Finn

Bewitched

Directed by
Nora Ephron

Plot: In this remake of the classic 60s TV show, Nicole Kidman stars as Samantha Stephens, a witch who cannot resist using her powers to remedy problems she encounters with her husband, Darrin (Will Ferrell).

Cast Announced...So Far

Nicole Kidman ....  Samantha
Shirley MacLaine ....  Endora
Michael Caine ....  Maurice
Will Ferrell ....  Darrin

Release Date: 8 July 2005
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Sleuth

something to note is that Adam McKay did a rewrite of the script when Will Ferrell joined the cast, so that should be interesting.
I like to hug dogs

Ravi

This can't be, um, good.

Finn

Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

haha, what is it with the titles disappearing from posters lately?
context, context, context.

Orteous

Myxo

This trailer made me cringe.

Redlum

This trailer made me laugh...and also air-drum to The Who.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Weak2ndAct

Um... so let me get this straight... Will Ferrell plays a movie star who's doing a new Bewitched, and then Nicole Kidman is an actual witch who gets cast as the witch and has the same nose-wiggling abilities?  

WHAT THE FUCK.

mogwai

is will ferrell making a sequel to eraserhead?

Ravi

Well, Nicole Kidman has a lot of forehead, so he must have been told to erase her head.

Stefen

Quote from: RaviWell, Nicole Kidman has a lot of forehead, so he must have been told to erase her head.

hahaah oh man, what an odd picture.

I don't wanna see this. Will Ferrel gets on my nerves when he plays regular schmoes doing funny stuff. Much like Ben Stiller, I find him more funny when he plays characters with a look, ala, Dodgeball, Anchorman. Plus, Nicole Kidman just isn't funny.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Ravi

Quote from: Weak2ndActUm... so let me get this straight... Will Ferrell plays a movie star who's doing a new Bewitched, and then Nicole Kidman is an actual witch who gets cast as the witch and has the same nose-wiggling abilities?  

WHAT THE FUCK.

Its self-referentialism without self-criticism.

NEON MERCURY

if any of you guys actaully see this in theatres and/or post positive things about this movie i will not like you.... :elitist:

picolas

i can't stand Ferrel's face when he goes "Guess what? I'm a Clippers fan." lately i've been looking away from the screen when that happens.