Irreversible DVD

Started by cinemanarchist, August 05, 2003, 08:25:27 PM

Finn

Yes, that would qualify. But I went back and didn't see either one of the men throughout the rest of the movie, not to mention the head-bashing scene (which to me was just as disturbing as the rape).
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Ghostboy

Oh wait, I didn't realize which guys you meant. That old guy talking at the very beginning is the main character from Noe's last film, I Stand Alone. The guy he's talking to is just some other guy.

Finn

I haven't seen I Stand Alone and I'm not sure whether I would want to after having just seen Irreversible. I'd have to recover first.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Weak2ndAct

I Stand Alone is great.  The critics quotes on the box compare it to Taxi Driver-- stylistically, that's a fair assessment.  My favorite moment: before scene of complete unpleasantness happens, a warning flashes on the screen that you should leave in 30 seconds.  And the warning is pretty justifiable.