David Gordon Green

Started by MacGuffin, January 21, 2003, 10:50:11 AM

MacGuffin

The Los Angeles Times has an article about the "George Washington" director's new film, "All The Real Girls," showing at Sundance.

With his slow, quiet style, Green is at the opposite pole from what he calls the "1980s MTV/Jerry Bruckheimer, get-it-going, keep-it-moving" style of filmmaking. "When I think of the movies I like, I think of a place, places where things happen. Rather than have a story dictate to and motivate characters, I prefer having characters motivate their actions and determine the story."

Click here for entire article.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

George Washington is just an incredible film in every sense of the word.

All The Real Girls is good, but not as good as Green's debut. I've got a review of it on my website...www.road-dog-productions.com

Xixax

Quote from: Ghostboywww.road-dog-productions.com

Hey, I want to take a minute to point this site out to everyone. Dig through it, and make sure you check out his movie archives! GREAT STUFF!!!!!

Ghostboy is being very modest around here... He's done some incredible work. Check it out when you get the chance!
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Cecil

yeah i know, i visit his site weekly. its really good.

MacGuffin

According to Variety, David Gordon Green (All the Real Girls) will direct Dermot Mulroney, Josh Lucas and Jamie Bell in Undertow for New York-based production company ContentFilm. Shooting is set to start in April in and around Savannah, Ga.

The film, written by Joe Conway and Green, is set in a small town in the South and concerns a father (Mulroney) whose family life is disrupted by the unexpected arrival of his volatile brother (Lucas), driving the former's eldest son (Bell) to run away from home, taking his younger brother with him.

Green also is attached to Miramax's A Confederacy of Dunces, adapted from the Pulitzer Prize-winning cult novel by John Kennedy Toole. While that film previously was slated for a spring start in New Orleans, Miramax confirms that the long-in-development project now has been pushed back to the fall.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ernie

Quote from: MacGuffinAccording to Variety, David Gordon Green (All the Real Girls) will direct Dermot Mulroney, Josh Lucas and Jamie Bell in Undertow for New York-based production company ContentFilm. Shooting is set to start in April in and around Savannah, Ga.

The film, written by Joe Conway and Green, is set in a small town in the South and concerns a father (Mulroney) whose family life is disrupted by the unexpected arrival of his volatile brother (Lucas), driving the former's eldest son (Bell) to run away from home, taking his younger brother with him.

Green also is attached to Miramax's A Confederacy of Dunces, adapted from the Pulitzer Prize-winning cult novel by John Kennedy Toole. While that film previously was slated for a spring start in New Orleans, Miramax confirms that the long-in-development project now has been pushed back to the fall.

The Undertow, that sounds cool. I like that idea a lot. This should give me some time to read A Confederacy of Dunces before it is adapted by that genius of a filmmaker, David Gordon Green. I still have to see what I anticpate to be the best movie of 2003, All the Real Girls. I don't get it till April.

Ernie

Oh, I just realized who Josh Lucas is! He's really cool! He's that guy from Sweet Home Alabama. He's made for a freaking David Gordon Green movie, I'm looking forward to it even more now. Thanks for the news by the way Macguffin, amazing stuff man.

DGG is working hard it sounds like. That's a good thing, I love when great filmmaker's put out one great film after another.

Duck Sauce

I wish PTA had as much stuff lined up as DGG.....

ebeaman,

Ernie

Quote from: Duck SauceI wish PTA had as much stuff lined up as DGG.....

ebeaman,

I know, I know, there's something fucking wrong with my computer or something. I have to sign in everytime I post. Literally, once I post, I view my post, there is no edit option, it's already signed me off. It doesn't stay signed in for more than 5 seconds. The cookies are all fucked up or something. Sorry about that.

Xixax

Quote from: ebeaman69

ebeaman,

I know, I know, there's something fucking wrong with my computer or something. I have to sign in everytime I post. Literally, once I post, I view my post, there is no edit option, it's already signed me off. It doesn't stay signed in for more than 5 seconds. The cookies are all fucked up or something. Sorry about that.
Yeah, make sure that cookies are enabled. This board also relies a lot on php sessions, so if you close your browser window, or switch to a different window you usually have to login again.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Ernie

Quote from: Xixax
Quote from: ebeaman69

ebeaman,

Yeah, make sure that cookies are enabled. This board also relies a lot on php sessions, so if you close your browser window, or switch to a different window you usually have to login again.

How and where can I check to see that the cookies are enabled?

Ghostboy

Ebert gave All The Real Girls a four star review. Check it out: www.suntimes.com/ebert

Duck Sauce

Guess who is seeing All the Real Girls tonight?  (me)

in your face ebeaman

:wink:

Ernie

Quote from: Duck SauceGuess who is seeing All the Real Girls tonight?  (me)

in your face ebeaman

:wink:

Oh, you suck but I'm happy for you anyway...I would love to hear what you think of it, PM me with a long review as soon as possible and I'll appreciate the fuck out of it! Please! Please, please please do that! Make it very long too...no spoilers though...don't tell me too much about the plot...just cool scenes and stuff like that.

Three questions...where are you seeing it?...don't you just love George Washington?....don't you just love Zooey Deschanel?

So....awesome, I'll be looking forward to reading that review man, don't let me down...remember...I have to wait till April 4th to see it and it's my most anticipated movie of the year, seriously, it would really make my day if you would do that for me, write it as soon as possible and remember....make it fucking huge. Thank you very much. I'll never ask you for anything again (this year), if you do this. It's pretty early in the year too.

Ernie

Quote from: GhostboyEbert gave All The Real Girls a four star review. Check it out: www.suntimes.com/ebert

Oh my god...how cool is that! You know, sometimes I really like Ebert, he's a cool guy, I mean, sometimes he just goes a little "Harry Knowles" on me and I don't like that...but seriously, most of the time...he's very very cool.

Man, that scene in the bowling alley sounds like fucking heaven, I read about that in a few other places. I can't wait to see that scene.