Worst Movie Ever

Started by IHeartPTA, August 22, 2003, 01:22:10 PM

IHeartPTA

i did a search on worst on these forums and didn't see anything.

there's a lot of talk of the best movie, best shots, best scenes, best actors, best scores, best drug scene, best sex scene, et cetera.

there's not a lot of talk about the worst, unless someone can prove me wrong. lock this if you can find something that's about the worst movie ever (to avoid further embarassment on my part). my idea is to understand the best, you need to see both sides, the good and the bad.

what's the worst movie you've ever seen? i mean actually seen, not like gigli, we know it's bad, but no one has seen it. no one

i'll start it off...

Plan 9 From Outer Space
"I want to confess as best I can, but my heart is void. The void is a mirror. I see my face and feel loathing and horror. My indifference to men has shut me out. I live now in a world of ghosts, a prisoner in my dreams. " -Antonius Block from The Seventh Seal

Ghostboy

I love Plan 9 From Outer Space! It only suffered from incompetence on the part of most of the people involved.

IHeartPTA

how could one LOVE that movie? it was amusing, like all the problems with it, but watching it, i was crying because i just wanted it to end.
"I want to confess as best I can, but my heart is void. The void is a mirror. I see my face and feel loathing and horror. My indifference to men has shut me out. I live now in a world of ghosts, a prisoner in my dreams. " -Antonius Block from The Seventh Seal

Pubrick

haha doing a search on "worst film ever" reminds me of:

episode Homer the Smithers (s.7)

Smithers: I've got to find a replacement that won't outshine me.
         Perhaps if I searched the employee evaluations for the word "Incompetent"...
          [computer reports: 714 matches found]
Smithers: 714 names? Better be more specific. [keeps typing]
"lazy", "clumsy", "dim-witted", "monstrously ugly"
[computer searches, then reports: 714 matches found]
Smithers: Oh nuts to this! I'll just go get Homer Simpson.
under the paving stones.

IHeartPTA

exactly, there's no point because everyone already knows its plan 9

MacGuffin

Quote from: magnoliacexactly, there's no point because everyone already knows its plan 9

If you believe that, you have not seen Blair Witch 2, Body Of Evidence or Jeepers Creepers.

More opinions:
http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

IHeartPTA

MacGuffin

Quote from: magnoliacor jeepers creeper 2!

It's not out yet. Have you seen it?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

IHeartPTA

Ghostboy

Plan 9 has nothing but love to offer -- misguided love, sure, but Ed Wood really put his heart into that movie and took it seriously, and it sort of shows, even though the end results were pretty bad. I'd much rather pick on something that has contempt for its audience.

MacGuffin

Quote from: magnoliacright, well just read this comic

http://www.movie-comics.com/comic.php?strip_id=53

Wow, you have a comic handy to back up your closed-mindedness.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Find Your Magali

Well, there's "Manos, the Hands of Fate"

I'm tempted to check out the Kirk Cameron "Left Behind" movie sometime, to see what its camp value is. Of course, I'll likely need alcoholic beverages to make it through. ... (BTW, I can't believe Cameron was one of the finalists for Lloyd Dobler. How would movie history have changed if that had happened?)

IHeartPTA

Quote from: GhostboyPlan 9 has nothing but love to offer -- misguided love, sure, but Ed Wood really put his heart into that movie and took it seriously, and it sort of shows, even though the end results were pretty bad. I'd much rather pick on something that has contempt for its audience.

well it's like what i read somewhere, and if you saw ed wood by tim burton, you'd understand. the person was saying while ed wood's movies were in fact terrible, that's not the point. he loved movies and had an undying passion for them, which is a problem with a lot of people in today's film industry. paul thomas anderson even said it himself, that the people at rysher didn't love movies like the main person at new line, they just did it for the money.

SoNowThen

Jurassic Park 2: The Lost World
(though I imagine 3 was even worse, I was too old to get suckered into paying to see it...)

Little Man Tate was pretty fucking horrible.
As was Deep Impact. That and Wonder Boys were the only movies where I have actually fallen asleep in the theatre because of boredom.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

IHeartPTA

Quote from: MacGuffinWow, you have a comic handy to back up your closed-mindedness.

i have a comic for everything