IS LEONARD MALTIN JUST A DOUCHE??

Started by Gabe, May 19, 2005, 06:20:37 PM

Gabe

Something about his negative critiques of great movies really gets under my skin and make me think he is going into these movies expecting the Film to change the world or something , and when they don't , he openly expressed his dissappointment. I find that David Denby does this alot too, like in his review of Kill Bill, when he scathed Tarantino for using so much violence, as if he Forgot what kind of fucking film he was making in the First Place!! So are these guys just douches? Or are they somehow reminding filmmakers of their artistic weaknesses?? I Personally Doubt it.

EBERT is the Illest Critic out.

jtm

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

jtm

yeah, well, ur uncle sucks. tell him to pull his head out of his ass.

Weak2ndAct

Leonard Maltin = suckage, well, that's not exactly a revelation.  Especially if you've ever accidentally stumbled upon 'Hot Ticket.'  Don't even get me started on that twat who co-hosts...

Ebert's not exactly a God either... I mean, if you've got a bad movie, but major amounts of cgi/sci-fi, lesbians, or black people, you've got a 4 star review, if not the best film of the year.

All critics are people (and by people, I mean that on the flip of a coin they could be biased, wrong, or pigheaded, depending on what they bring to the table).

Who cares.

cowboykurtis

did i mention pauline kael is a cunt?
...your excuses are your own...

Gabe

Quote from: Weak2ndAct
Ebert's not exactly a God either... I mean, if you've got a bad movie, but major amounts of cgi/sci-fi, lesbians, or black people, you've got a 4 star review, if not the best film of the year.

All critics are people (and by people, I mean that on the flip of a coin they could be biased, wrong, or pigheaded, depending on what they bring to the table).

Who cares.

I think He is the Fairest critic known to man. How 'Bout that?

Weak2ndAct

How 'Bout you suck my balls?

Read Ebert's reviews, see his lists.  And then write back in ALL CAPS.

cine

Gabe

huuuuuuh Okay. . .

Your just jealous because he is a SUCCESFUL FAT MAN in the MOVIE BUSINESS!

WHICH YOUR FATASS WILL NEVER BE.

Good luck losing weight though.

Chicks dig dudes in Hip T-shirts  :yabbse-wink:

Weak2ndAct

Wow.

Now that is left-field.  I might take that personally if 1) I gave a shit what you thought 2) I was fat and 3) I (or anyone else here) actually respected you.

But as it stands, you're just an anonymous jerk-off.

Gabe

In the Biased world of xixax, yes ur point is understood.

This thread can now be left open to more Maltin Discussion.

(P.S. When people list in 1's, 2's, and 3's a point they're trying to make, it usually means they are so confused they can't manage to muster a single sentence. )

( P.S.S Also when they start their speech with the word 'Wow' )

And you were the one trying to jerk me offin the First place! telling me to suck ur balls over a petty Film critic discussion! What a dork! And aren't we all anonymous here? I mean, we are talking in shapes, if I'm not mistaken?

I got you man, and if I was respected, and u were fat, and cared what I thought, you'd be my bitch right now. Indefinately.

Love tho.

Pubrick

thread title changed accordingly.
under the paving stones.

w/o horse

Why change the thread title like that?  Is this guy just going to be made fun of now?

Just close it or delete it, there's no need for drama.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Pubrick

Quote from: Losing the Horse:Just close it or delete it, there's no need for drama.
who the hell are u? do u think anyone actually cares what u say around here?

this is by far the worst crop of newbies ever.
under the paving stones.