Match cuts.

Started by deathnotronic, April 14, 2005, 01:58:28 PM

SHAFTR

Quote from: BorjabahWhere can I see some match cuts frame-by-frame?

If i knew an easy way to take screenshots with Mac OS X of DVD Player, i would.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

MacGuffin

Well, match cuts are really one frame cutting right to the next with a similar visual or audio smash transition, like in The 39 Steps:

I guess you can make a case for Psycho (although it's more of a match dissolve):

Or 2001:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

there's a stephen chow movie in which a team of kungfu masters get ambushed by another group while stephen chow's character was on vacation with his wife, and he had some funny match cuts.  like one guy was about to get his balls squeezed by an evil kungfu master lady, and then it cut to a bunch of eggs cracking, which pulled out to stephen chow and his wife making breakfast.  and then later there was a shot of a guy's head about to get busted, and it cut to a water melon getting busted, which pulled out to chow and his wife in the market...etc.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Ravi

Quote from: SHAFTR

If i knew an easy way to take screenshots with Mac OS X of DVD Player, i would.

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Video/DVD-Capture.shtml

For OS X.2 or later

matt35mm

Me, Myself & Irene where Jim Carrey takes a dood on his neighbor's lawn and it match cuts to a chocolate frozen yogurt machine oozing frozen yogurt into a cone.

mogwai

i've updated some of your posts with caps from various movies that has match cuts.