Kevin Smith is staying at my hotel

Started by SoNowThen, March 12, 2005, 03:56:46 AM

SoNowThen

with that guy who plays Jay, as well. And their mistresses -- unless Kevin has a smoking hot tall blonde for a wife, and Jay has a petite busty little minx. It's so odd, at a five star luxury London hotel (on the same street as Hannay's flat in the 39 Steps), to see this huge fat goateed guy with coke-bottle glasses walking around in a red moo moo and shorts, in the middle of freezing-ass London winter.

Anyway, I dunno why I mentioned this. Maybe someone has a really good prank I can pull on him or something. I feel like going up to him and saying "hey, we went to the same film school. And Magnolia is a masterpiece. Whadda ya think of that? Huh?!!"

Yeah.

Does anyone know if he's officially shooting something in the UK right now?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

SHAFTR

Kevin Smith's Wife (warning, nudity)
http://www.newsaskew.com/images/jen_playboy.jpg

The blonde haired guy who plays Jay is Jason Mewes.

His trip to the UK was for a Q&A for yet another DVD.

I used to be a big Kevin Smith fan, and still enjoy his early stuff, but his latest films have grown tired.

You could do the following:

Run into him at a Concession machine.  Try to buy something that there isn't any left of and say, "ohhh sold out, just like you Kevin".

or say, "Ohh, do you remember when you were done with Jay & Silent Bob?, obviously not.

or just let him be.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

mogwai

http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=1028

anything that has to do with kevin smith should be posted here. even anecdotes.

mogwai