PTA at Montclair Prep GAME

Started by nomorecoffee, November 25, 2020, 11:51:41 AM

nomorecoffee

I was doing some research trying to figure out the quotes that PTA had on the 1989 yearbook pic that you can find here:

https://twitter.com/mubi/status/1143840114805739520/photo/1

Due to the very low quality image I managed to understand this:

1)"You can't eat an air conditioner" A prince (from Putney Swope)
2) the second one is from Woody Allen but I can't find the quote
3) is the infamous quote ' All I ever wanted was a 78 cool vette and a house in the country'
4) this is again a quote from Robert Downey senior but I can't quite read it
5) totally 0 at all on the last one

Can you guys do better?

ALSO:

I searched on google and found this video on YouTube....... It's a little film about the 1989 graduation at Montclair prep and I managed to spot what I believe is the man himself at 20.47, bottom left of the frame. Would you confirm this?

Can you guys (if you have a lot of time to loose as apparently I do) find him anywhere else?
This is the link if you want to play the game

edit: sorry for the high stalking energy...! just obsessed on the man's early stages and first influences

nomorecoffee

you can also find the legend, the man himself at 1.56, 7.55, (20.45 as mentioned above) 24.10

Alethia

The last bit is... Humanaties/Soccer co-captain/Journalism/Yoko Ono Fan Club President

:yabbse-grin:

nomorecoffee

Quote from: eward on November 25, 2020, 01:50:50 PM
The last bit is... Humanaties/Soccer co-captain/Journalism/Yoko Ono Fan Club President

:yabbse-grin:

good catch!

wilberfan

Interesting you should post that yearbook tweet.

One night on location a couple of weeks ago, an 'older' gentleman (younger than me, but older than most of the PTA nerds that would show up occasionally), was standing near me watching the filming.  I was always interested in what brought 'civilians' to the set so I asked him if he lived in the neighborhood.  He did.  I asked him what brought him out on this late, chilly evening. 

"He invited me." He saw the confused look on my face.  Pointing at Paul he said, "We went to high school together.  In fact, we worked on 'The Dirk Diggler Story' together.  Shot some of it in the wash over there...", indicating the nearby L.A. River.

He took out his phone and showed me that same yearbook capture.  That's him directly above Paul.  In between setups they chatted for 10 minutes or so until the Covid Lady came by and very politely asked him to step back onto the curb.  They were about ready to begin a rehearsal of the next setup anyway, so they made their goodbyes and Chris walked off towards home.  Very nice guy.

Robyn

What about the girl next to him? She's around?

nomorecoffee

Quote from: Robyn on November 25, 2020, 02:58:02 PM

you mean on the bus in the video or in the yearbook?

nomorecoffee

Quote from: wilberfan on November 25, 2020, 02:44:41 PM
Interesting you should post that yearbook tweet.

One night on location a couple of weeks ago, an 'older' gentleman (younger than me, but older than most of the PTA nerds that would show up occasionally), was standing near me watching the filming.  I was always interested in what brought 'civilians' to the set so I asked him if he lived in the neighborhood.  He did.  I asked him what brought him out on this late, chilly evening. 

"He invited me." He saw the confused look on my face.  Pointing at Paul he said, "We went to high school together.  In fact, we worked on 'The Dirk Diggler Story' together.  Shot some of it in the wash over there...", indicating the nearby L.A. River.

He took out his phone and showed me that same yearbook capture.  That's him directly above Paul.  In between setups they chatted for 10 minutes or so until the Covid Lady came by and very politely asked him to step back onto the curb.  They were about ready to begin a rehearsal of the next setup anyway, so they made their goodbyes and Chris walked off towards home.  Very nice guy.

wow what an amazing story. so nice to know that he keeps some people close by after all those years.

Drill

Quote from: nomorecoffee on November 25, 2020, 03:01:23 PM
Quote from: Robyn on November 25, 2020, 02:58:02 PM

you mean on the bus in the video or in the yearbook?

If you mean the video, that must be his then-girlfriend Wendy. I think they were together for a while even after high school. She helped fund Cigarettes & Coffee and I believe is in Hard Eight, in the same shot that Ernie is.

PinkTeeth

Quote from: nomorecoffee on November 25, 2020, 11:51:41 AM

3) is the infamous quote ' All I ever wanted was a 78 cool vette and a house in the country'

5) Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive, Ahh Ahh Ahh Ahh Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive
-Barry , Andy, Robin Gibb
New Name, Same Typos.

nomorecoffee

Quote from: PinkTeeth on November 26, 2020, 01:51:55 AM
Quote from: nomorecoffee on November 25, 2020, 11:51:41 AM

5) Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive, Ahh Ahh Ahh Ahh Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive
-Barry , Andy, Robin Gibb

amazing!! so we miss only the Woody Allen quote and the second from R.Downey Sr.

WorldForgot

to me
4) " I always knew you were creative. Now get a landlord."

though i dont remember that in Putney Swope

2 iz from

QuoteOn Seeing a Tree in Summer

Behold how the branches reach up to heaven as if to say,
"Though I am only a branch, still I would love to collect
Social Security."

And the varieties! Is this tree a spruce or poplar? Or a giant redwood? No, I'm afraid it's a stately elm, and once again you've made an ass of yourself. Of course, you'd know all the trees in a minute if you were nature's creature the woodpecker, but then it would be too late and you'd never get your car started. But why is a tree so much more delightful than, say, a
babbling brook? Or anything that babbles, for that matter?

Easy to see the spirit here and its resemblance to Mickey Wolfman'z epiphany

nomorecoffee

Quote from: WorldForgot on November 26, 2020, 09:59:18 AM
to me
4) " I always knew you were creative. Now get a landlord."

though i dont remember that in Putney Swope

2 iz from

QuoteOn Seeing a Tree in Summer

Behold how the branches reach up to heaven as if to say,
"Though I am only a branch, still I would love to collect
Social Security."

And the varieties! Is this tree a spruce or poplar? Or a giant redwood? No, I'm afraid it's a stately elm, and once again you've made an ass of yourself. Of course, you'd know all the trees in a minute if you were nature's creature the woodpecker, but then it would be too late and you'd never get your car started. But why is a tree so much more delightful than, say, a
babbling brook? Or anything that babbles, for that matter?

Easy to see the spirit here and its resemblance to Mickey Wolfman'z epiphany

damn you nailed it so good!