Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

kingfan011

Interesting well I haven't been to a theater before COVID and assuming they are still around I will go to one for this.

Alethia

New York City is reopening theaters next week, hopefully LA follows shortly after and this can all change. :)

Yes

IMDB is reporting Sept 10th release date

jenkins

the specific phrasing is "Expected September 10, 2021"

its wiki page corroborates

QuoteSoggy Bottom is scheduled to be released in the United States on September 10, 2021.

kingfan011

You guys are so fast. Literally browsing my phone at a bar and saw this and was about to post

wilberfan

If that date holds, it's about the same length wrap-to-release as Phantom Thread:  10 months.  (PT: Jan to Nov; SB: Mid Nov to Mid Sept)

[edit] Apparently it was up on
from r/paulthomasanderson
8 hours ago...   I gotta get in the habit of checking this stuff before breakfast--instead of before dinner!  :|

Alma

That would coincide with the Venice Film Festival.

itwasgood

Is it possible that we get some preview or first look stuff soon since we've already got a release date?

Drill

Quote from: itwasgood on March 18, 2021, 07:43:24 AM
Is it possible that we get some preview or first look stuff soon since we've already got a release date?

Probably not until after the Oscars, which is still more than a month away.

Drenk

Quote from: Alma on March 18, 2021, 06:22:28 AM

It's Cannes or Bust, Baby.
Ascension.

itwasgood

Quote from: Drenk on March 18, 2021, 09:14:15 AM
Quote from: Alma on March 18, 2021, 06:22:28 AM

It's Cannes or Bust, Baby.

This release date did come right after the official announcement of the president of jury and the date for Cannes this year.

pynchonikon

The Master premiered in Venice on Sep 1 and had its limited US release on Sep 14, if the Sep 10 date is valid then very likely they will follow a simillar pattern.
The planned Venice dates this year are Sep 1-Sep 11, but in all propability this could change.
For some reason I believe too that Cannes is more possible.
In such a strangely crowded year I agree with the September release tbh, and don't forget the rumoured plan of streaming release via Paramount+ a couple of weeks after the theatrical one.

Drenk

Cannes is way more prestigious, and if the movie is ready, they'd go with Cannes. Like Tarantino last year (...I mean...two years ago...) with Hollywood. Cannes in May, release in July.

The timing hasn't been right for Cannes in years, so they're probably keen to go back.
Ascension.

itwasgood

Cannes will take place from July 6th to 17th this year. Cannes in July, theatrical release in early September totally makes sense.

jenkins

it's not Cannes or bust, of course

it doesn't matter to me and I'll find out when we all do