Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

pynchonikon

Apparently Jonny Greenwood is scoring the Diana biopic, currently filming in Europe. Wondering if that could mean he's not involved in Soggy Bottom, after all. :ponder:

Drenk

If he's scoring Soggy Bottom, it's probably already written and maybe recorded. They collaborate before shooting even begins. He's also a prolific, genius motherfucker.
Ascension.

kingfan011

Quote from: pynchonikon on January 27, 2021, 12:13:53 PM
Apparently Jonny Greenwood is scoring the Diana biopic, currently filming in Europe. Wondering if that could mean he's not involved in Soggy Bottom, after all. :ponder:

Is that the Kristin Stewart one they just released a still for?

jenkins

the Pablo LarraĆ­n, yes

basically the PTA community really really likes Greenwood but there's no way to know right now

Alethia

I love Greenwood's work, but I wouldn't be against a change-up in this department, or any other for that matter.

Alma

I think he did the Phantom Thread and You Were Never Really Here scores at a similar-ish time so he could still be doing this.

Drill

I've said it before but I wouldn't mind a change as well. Phantom Thread felt like a peak in that collaboration and as far as they could go. I wouldn't want them to become stale like Fincher/Reznor, Nolan/Zimmer and (God forbid) Burton/Elfman all have IMO.

Tdog

Quote from: Drill on January 27, 2021, 02:16:47 PM
I've said it before but I wouldn't mind a change as well. Phantom Thread felt like a peak in that collaboration and as far as they could go. I wouldn't want them to become stale like Fincher/Reznor, Nolan/Zimmer and (God forbid) Burton/Elfman all have IMO.

But what if Haim do the soundtrack instead?

Drill

Quote from: Tdog on January 27, 2021, 02:23:08 PM
Quote from: Drill on January 27, 2021, 02:16:47 PM

But what if Haim do the soundtrack instead?

Lol, I was actually going to say that. Be careful what I wish for...

HoQTeMR4

If not Jonny, maybe Thom.

Alethia

Or maybe no score, just needle drops.

Tdog

Quote from: eward on January 27, 2021, 03:45:50 PM
Or maybe no score, just needle drops.

Maybe a certain Wings song......

wilberfan

Drenk

What was the tweet?

EDIT: This is unrelated to Soggy Bottom, but I got scared reading that tweet.

https://twitter.com/indiewire/status/1354776238649450497
Ascension.

WorldForgot