Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

WorldForgot

Quote from: kingfan011 on January 01, 2021, 12:40:58 PM
Sorry I can't get this to play what indicates she's in the movie?
caption --
QuoteReleasing ceremony today at Millard Falls. I learned a lot this year. I had some major highs (shooting a Paul Thomas Anderson film!) with some painful lows (I have a designated crying blanket now). Like a favorite song, I'm always returning to my favorite #tseliot poem, Little Gidding V:

kingfan011

Quote from: WorldForgot on January 01, 2021, 12:51:21 PM
Quote from: kingfan011 on January 01, 2021, 12:40:58 PM
Sorry I can't get this to play what indicates she's in the movie?
caption --
QuoteReleasing ceremony today at Millard Falls. I learned a lot this year. I had some major highs (shooting a Paul Thomas Anderson film!) with some painful lows (I have a designated crying blanket now). Like a favorite song, I'm always returning to my favorite #tseliot poem, Little Gidding V:

Thank you

Rooty Poots

Facebook just threw this ad in my face and of course my first thought was they knew I was a PTA fan, not that I'm, you know, a professional baker haha.
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

kingfan011

The world is depressing. Can we have the movie now. It would make me happy.

WorldForgot

Quote from: kingfan011 on January 07, 2021, 11:18:49 AM
The world is depressing. Can we have the movie now. It would make me happy.

What genre are you feelin? If you take it to the "What films are we watching" thread I'm sure we can find ya find some substitutes in the meantime.

Freddie Dodd

This feels like on the surface PTA version of a 'hangout movie.' Maybe this is Anderson trying to replicate something out of his buddy Tarantino playbook, with the period setting and a much looser structure that doesn't relay on plot, if Anderson has trended in the latter direction for the last five films. The setting is going to bring Boogie Nights mentions but I see this being less of a rise and fall story than just a fun and quirky dramedy set in the late seventies.

nomorecoffee

So filming wrapped almost a month ago and yet we know nothing more. Is it normal in comparison to his previous movies' press and info release?

Drenk

Normal.

Nothing will happen until the Fall, probably.

We can wait for Cannes and be disappointed. But even that is April.
Ascension.

wilberfan

Quote from: nomorecoffee on January 11, 2021, 01:52:00 PM
So filming wrapped almost a month ago...

Actually 56 days ago (who's counting?)... Almost TWO months.  And, yeah, it'll probably be very quiet for awhile.

nomorecoffee

I uploaded the soggy bottom wiki page on the filming wrap and then I can't even remember if it was November or December the 19th...

but anyway earliest for a trailer / plot description / cast would be April/may?

wilberfan

Yeah, the night of Nov 17th...actually they wrapped just after midnight so, technically, I guess the 18th?

wilberfan

Phantom Thread wrapped in...was it January?...and I saw the first public screening the day after Thanksgiving in Nov.  When did we start getting news that year?

WorldForgot

Don't think we can assume this year to be typical for distribution - but what do I know I work in television.

Heisenberg

Cannes might be pushed to July this year, so maybe it premieres there or Venice or Toronto around the end of summer.

WorldForgot

If yall count on NYFF you'll save yourself some suspense of summer fests perhaps!