Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Tdog

It would be crazy if he's in it though.

I imagine he's in Ireland though. Can't imagine him being in NYC/USA at this time.

Jeremy Blackman

Actually hearing reports that DDL has gone deep method as Mark Bridges.

pynchonikon

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on September 10, 2020, 12:07:51 PM

I see what you did there, nice one.

In a parallel (and less evil) universe he would be perfect fit for the veteran director role.

It's been a while since the last leak of set photos, so I guess they have focused on shooting interiors lately.

kingfan011

Quote from: pynchonikon on September 10, 2020, 12:24:13 PM

I see what you did there, nice one.

In a parallel (and less evil) universe he would be perfect fit for the veteran director role.

It's been a while since the last leak of set photos, so I guess they have focused on shooting interiors lately.

Ya I also assumed they went to interiors. I'm sure the actors are OK with not shooting in 114 degree weather

polkablues

That's actually Vincent Froio in a wig.
My house, my rules, my coffee

jviness02

I'm laughing at how many folks on Twitter bought the letterboxd casting. I'm not saying it's impossible for Daniel Day Lewis to go back on the "retiring" thing, but I don't think he'd go back on it less than three years later.

polkablues

Quote from: polkablues on September 10, 2020, 01:39:39 PM

That's actually Vincent Froio in a wig.

I probably should have checked if Mark Bridges was bald before making this joke.

wilberfan

Quote from: pynchonikon on September 10, 2020, 09:09:54 AM
LMAO (in these tough times, laughter is all we have)

https://mobile.twitter.com/signsofrelief/status/1304035597208743939

I wonder if The Night of Counting the Years will end up being a valid rumor?  We all scoffed at Soggy Bottom as a working title, after all.  And does it offer any suggestion that the film might take place over a 24 hour period?

Drenk

The Day-Lewis addition, plus the Barbara Streisand info for Alana, are proof that random people can add whatever they want to the page.
Ascension.

jenkins

my stance has been and continues to be that a narrow time window doesn't allow for an expansive thematic possibility, a wider perspective, a deeper discovery, while remaining eternally open to being surprised

polkablues

Quote from: Drenk on September 11, 2020, 03:44:06 PM
The Day-Lewis addition, plus the Barbara Streisand info for Alana, are proof that random people can add whatever they want to the page.

People who think Alana is playing Streisand are the same people who walk around with their mask pulled under their nose.

pynchonikon

Quote from: jenkins on September 11, 2020, 03:52:55 PM
my stance has been and continues to be that a narrow time window doesn't allow for an expansive thematic possibility, a wider perspective, a deeper discovery, while remaining eternally open to being surprised

Well of course there are exceptions, but generally I wouldn't say I disagree with you on that. Plus he's already done this type of narration with Magnolia, I wouldn't like to see that kind of stuff again, new and unexpected possibilities are always welcomed.

jenkins

oh Magnolia itself occupies that time span. hm i forgot either because of the opening or because i haven't watched it in a decade. what jumped to my mind was Model Shop and Don McKellar's Last Night, bc I've seen them recently, i also mentioned some others earlier in the thread, and here's a list

seems like a perfectly fine time span that i'm being hard on i guess

kingfan011

Loved Last Night. I haven't seen that since high school but I remember it wrecked me.