Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

kingfan011

if this has Inherent Vice vibes I hoped its a much better and much improved version of Vice. Not a fan of Vice at all and felt like that completely got away from him.

wilberfan

Quote from: jzakko on August 31, 2020, 11:42:06 AM
Quote from: ThereWillBeOreos on August 31, 2020, 11:23:26 AM
She was in the video? i gotta watch again, couldn't see her

If you're referencing my comment, I deleted it because I see Alana's under a ladder and other equipment and maybe it makes sense in-camera and all that stuff is framed out but I'm less confident the shot is of her.

But yeah, she's seated on the stoop as Bradley is passing her by and the camera could be pointed at her since it's low on the ground but I just can't tell for sure.

She's sitting on the curb, hunched over--I'd say definitely out of frame.   There are paparazzi photos of her sitting in that same position.

Alma

There's an article from Collider here, most of which we already know, but I think this bit is new:

QuoteAnderson is said to be casting the film with fresh faces rather than recognizable movie stars, and many up-and-comers have been vying for roles, particularly those with comedy backgrounds.

https://collider.com/benny-safdie-paul-thomas-anderson-movie-cast/

AlRose

Quote from: wilberfan on August 26, 2020, 04:23:22 PM
Quote from: kingfan011 on August 26, 2020, 04:03:22 PM

For example, I missed the fact that Maya and the kids were there that night. Personally, I think I would have gotten more excited by that than seeing Coops.   :wink:

creepo

Drill

Apparently Nightmare Alley resumes filming next week.

sixtos97

kingfan011

Wow then the Cooper part must be really really small. I wonder if Anderson wanted all unknown actors or odd choices and MGM or Focus was like no you have to have one star somewhere.

pynchonikon

It's still very soon, but I don't care if he didn't want (or couldn't get) big names for this as long as it turns out to be great and makes a profit.

Rooty Poots

Quote from: pynchonikon on August 31, 2020, 11:51:49 PM
It's still very soon, but I don't care if he didn't want (or couldn't get) big names for this as long as it turns out to be great and makes a profit.

He's done so well with unheard-ofs before.
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

Heisenberg

This leads me to believe this is going to be an Inherent Vice kind of situation where a bunch of quirky supporting characters with one or two scenes each surround the main character(the high school actor).

Find Your Magali

Sad and sobering....

Los Angeles Times
@latimes
A man lost a battle with COVID-19 weeks after working on a set filming a commercial.

Tdog

Quote from: Heisenberg on September 01, 2020, 03:37:48 AM
This leads me to believe this is going to be an Inherent Vice kind of situation where a bunch of quirky supporting characters with one or two scenes each surround the main character(the high school actor).

Possibly, but I kind of hope not. Hopefully it's more a Boogie Nights kind of ensemble where the kid is Dirk and the movie revolves around him with everybody present. I can't imagine this kid is going to be as fun and charismatic as Doc Sportello / Joaquin.

Also I want to see lots of Bradley Cooper going insane. I said it before but I hope it's not another Martin Short situation because we needed more of him in Inherent Vice!

ThereWillBeOreos

anyone know of any more filming locations? I'm assuming they've moved (wouldn't be surprised )

Yes