Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

jenkins

it's not cult it's 70s

pynchonikon

Actually there was a controversial LA hippie cult named The Source Family which thrived till the early '70s (there is also a 2012 documentary about them), that could possibly be an inspiration but perhaps I'm getting too much into it.

jenkins

cults are lame baby, it's eternal

Tdog

What about an invite only Discord group?

itwasgood

Thanks for more scoops! I've been thinking that Paul has to get Haim girls (or their music) involved at some point in Soggy Bottom, since they've been involved with each other's projects for some time.

Shughes

This is exciting. Looking forward to learning more.

Can Xixax be made private? Most here are logged-in/members anyway, right?

Looking forward to hearing more from Wilberfan as I missed the original post before it was taken down.

In any case I'm happy things are moving forward and we're getting any updates at all.

pynchonikon

Spoiler: ShowHide
(source: reddit)A leaked footage video from last night's shooting reveals that the attacking scene which features Cooper and was already mentioned was actually much more intense and violent. Hint: Oldboy stuff  :shock:

wilberfan

Yeah, I think all of us from last night have footage like that. ;)

Nolan62

Hi wilberfan, about the screen capture of your first post, if you're referring to the one from the "Awardsworthy" forum, it was me and I apologize, I don't want to get you into trouble it wasn't my intention. I just wanted to share my excitement about the film, but I didn't think of that before I posted it.

Anyway, lots of new stuffs !! I can't wait to see what this incredible filmmaker has in mind again.

wilberfan

Well thanks for the confession.  Not sure if I have the authority to absolve you.  ;)

The screen capture I saw was tweeted by a guy named Jason, but I wasn't sure where he'd gotten it.  I sort of assumed he grabbed it directly from here.

I was disappointed--and surprised!--because this feels like such a sleepy little place most of the time.  Naive of me to not keep in mind that it IS on the internet and visible to all.  What I'd posted was (mostly) public information, visible to anyone who was there that day (or night)--but some of the very friendly conversations I had with some crew felt like a little bit of a betrayal when they ended up anonymously quoted.  (Granted, it was probably a little bit of a betrayal to quote them here--but "here" feels like "family", in a way, and Jason's tweet was to "the world".

I totally get the enthusiasm--I have more than my share myself!--so I can't fault you for that.  But it felt like "going outside the family" and in that sense a bit of a betrayal in itself. 

I guess we need to find a balance between celebrating our love and enthusiasm for the efforts underway--and not violating the desire that they have to (understandably) to keep things confidential.

On the positive side, I suppose, is that it will force us to think more about what we post and where and to what extent we can (or should?) "keep it in the family".

I've certainly been reminded of the power and reach of social media (for good and ill) over the past 24 hours! 

jviness02

Quote from: pynchonikon on August 24, 2020, 10:12:37 AM
(source: reddit)A leaked footage video from last night's shooting reveals that the attacking scene which features Cooper and was already mentioned was actually much more intense and violent. Hint: Oldboy stuff  :shock:

I can't imagine Paul doing an action scene.

I don't mean this in a snob way. I love action when done right. I just figured the violence in Boogie Nights would be as far as we ever would get from Paul.

pynchonikon

Quote from: jviness02 on August 24, 2020, 02:17:15 PM
Quote from: pynchonikon on August 24, 2020, 10:12:37 AM

I can't imagine Paul doing an action scene.

I don't mean this in a snob way. I love action when done right. I just figured the violence in Boogie Nights would be as far as we ever would get from Paul.

What I compared was mainly the brutality of the scene, he really seemed like he lost his mind with these squeegees (At first I thought these were hammers but wilberfan clarified that on reddit).

The funny thing is the reports at this moment (Film Stage, Collider etc) clearly don't know shit and mentioned everything they saw on Twitter, while they kept recycling the old news that Cooper supposedly plays an old-school producer/director (there is no way this is the case anymore).

Alma

Yeah none of the trades have reported it. I'm guessing they need confirmation from someone at the studio/on the production?

There's some much more detailed shots of Cooper on set now - must have been some paps there.

Also the Haim member. I think Alana? Not great at telling them apart though.

Alethia

Now we're talking! Who is the boy?

Yes

Astonished it's finally shooting, one of the first major productions. Luckily get to see in 2021, fingers crossed. Hope everyone is safe. Really taken aback by Cooper. Did not look like him from that angle. Excited to see the rest of the cast announced shortly