Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Drill

Obviously Cooper's not as exciting on paper as all the Film Twitter favorites, but he's got a politician's vibe and is very good at playing sleazy/douchey (which, since the character is a politician, I'm sure will come in handy).

Alethia

Not a huge Cooper fan but I can't wait to see what PTA draws out of him.

Jeremy Blackman

When I first read this "Cooper" talk I thought it was Chris Cooper. Imagine my disappointment.

I think Bradley Cooper can be amazing though. I didn't particularly like American Hustle, for example, but it really made me appreciate him.

Yes

I remember that mysterious poster year ago or so who mentioned PTA was casting an unexpected Lead but makes sense... Cooper fits that. I'm only speculating

Not excited for Clooney but if PTA were to snatch him and Cooper, that surely increases mainstream and commercial viability. Would be nice for PTA to have a REAL Box office breakout

Ford is interesting but could he really jive with PTA? Douglas seems much more flexible and loose which is a better match

wilberfan

Casting rumors of upcoming PTA efforts are always interesting but I've never been concerned or disappointed with the choices as they're announced.  (I did wince when I heard that Tiffany Haddish & PTA wanted to work together, tho, tbh.) He always gets such spectacular results from his actors that that's the last thing I worry about.  (My biggest worry?  Another Pynchon adaptation.)    :wink:

Tdog

Quote from: BigSock on August 03, 2020, 04:29:49 PM
I remember that mysterious poster year ago or so who mentioned PTA was casting an unexpected Lead but makes sense... Cooper fits that. I'm only speculating

I think that poster was probably full of shit.

jviness02

Quote from: Tdog on August 03, 2020, 04:35:54 PM
Quote from: BigSock on August 03, 2020, 04:29:49 PM

I think that poster was probably full of shit.

I thought the same thing, but apparently he's given good scopes before. His track record is good.

Alethia

Quote from: wilberfan on August 03, 2020, 04:35:34 PM(My biggest worry?  Another Pynchon adaptation.)    :wink:

God I hope he does another Pynchon.

kingfan011

Remember ensemble film aside the lead is probably the kid who I bet will still be an unknown

jenkins

Bradley Cooper To Star In Paul Thomas Anderson's New 1970s SoCal Film

QuoteThe film is said to take place in Southern California during the 1970s and follows the story of a kid actor and his teen years attending high school in the San Fernando Valley. The new drama marks a return to the familiar SoCal setting for Anderson, where he previously explored in films such as "Boogie Nights," "Magnolia," and "Punch Drunk Love."

idk wtf is running through their head but don't call it SoCal

Shughes

I'm excited at the prospect of Cooper in a PTA film. He knocked it out of the park in The Place Beyond The Pines, Silver Linings Playbook, and A Star is Born.

Not excited about Ford at all. I'm sure if it happens I'll be turned around, but I think Douglas is a better fit.

When Clooney was mentioned I thought of him being in contention for the politician role rather than against Douglas/Ford for the director role.

wilberfan

Production is clearly moving forward...

[tweet]1290402809050025986[/tweet]

joneal

Is filming really opening up in California soon?

pynchonikon

Quote from: joneal on August 04, 2020, 01:17:38 AM

We need someone to enlighten us about that. Right now any filming in the state is forbidden until the authorities give permission? I thought there were efforts in the last few weeks to find some kind of an arrangement with all the health measures etc that productions would have to comply with in order to resume working. That's not still the case?

polkablues

Quote from: pynchonikon on August 04, 2020, 02:27:23 AM
Quote from: joneal on August 04, 2020, 01:17:38 AM

We need someone to enlighten us about that. Right now any filming in the state is forbidden until the authorities give permission? I thought there were efforts in the last few weeks to find some kind of an arrangement with all the health measures etc that productions would have to comply with in order to resume working. That's not still the case?

I believe California reopened filming within the state back in mid-June, with appropriate safety measures. I have an AD friend down there who underwent COVID-19 Compliance Officer training a few weeks ago, and he's already got a couple jobs lined up, as sets are required to have a Compliance Officer on set at all times, making sure protocols are being followed.
My house, my rules, my coffee