Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

polkablues

Quote from: Find Your Magali on January 28, 2020, 09:35:41 PM
We are being very patient butterflies, but a rumor would sure be swell.

The main character will be played by Andy Samberg with The Irishman CGI de-aging to make him look 17.

There's at least as much reason to believe this as that Angelina Jolie thing a couple weeks ago.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Drill

There's no real reason anymore for him to be so secretive. Get as much interest in the project started as soon as possible. I actually think joining Instagram is a good idea and would be interesting/fun. Even Scorsese, Jarmusch, and Mann are on there. Everyone loved his Twitter Q&A. Remember that blog he had when making TWBB?

Drenk

He should join Xixax. We'd have fun.
Ascension.

Fitzroy

Quote from: Drill on January 29, 2020, 11:19:27 AM
There's no real reason anymore for him to be so secretive. Get as much interest in the project started as soon as possible. I actually think joining Instagram is a good idea and would be interesting/fun. Even Scorsese, Jarmusch, and Mann are on there. Everyone loved his Twitter Q&A. Remember that blog he had when making TWBB?

I feel like there's a difference between the secretive shroud around a new PTA project and, say, a new Nolan film. Nolan treats his movies seem like they contain classified international data, whereas I sense that PTA is just getting on with it quietly until it's in good enough shape to share with the world. I dig it.

trytotell

He actually has a personal Instagram account. He hasn't posted though and it's now on private. Maybe he's saving it to make it official later.

Drill

Quote from: Fitzroy on January 29, 2020, 11:54:41 AM
Quote from: Drill on January 29, 2020, 11:19:27 AM

I feel like there's a difference between the secretive shroud around a new PTA project and, say, a new Nolan film. Nolan treats his movies seem like they contain classified international data, whereas I sense that PTA is just getting on with it quietly until it's in good enough shape to share with the world. I dig it.

Sure but Nolan still always gives you something early to get hyped about. Plus we're the only ones who care about those "sneak preview" teasers that he loves to do.

wilberfan

Quote from: trytotell on January 29, 2020, 11:57:49 AM
He actually has a personal Instagram account. He hasn't posted though and it's now on private. Maybe he's saving it to make it official later.
The one I've seen is clearly a fan account in his name.  Are you referring to another account?

https://instagram.com/paulthomasanderson?igshid=1nhxj4pw8beuc

trytotell

Quote from: wilberfan on January 29, 2020, 12:05:39 PM
Quote from: trytotell on January 29, 2020, 11:57:49 AM
The one I've seen is clearly a fan account in his name.  Are you referring to another account?

https://instagram.com/paulthomasanderson?igshid=1nhxj4pw8beuc

Yes, another account.

wilberfan

Since we're all thinking it, is that something you're going to share?

trytotell

Quote from: wilberfan on January 29, 2020, 02:06:22 PM
Since we're all thinking it, is that something you're going to share?

No. Like I said, he hasn't posted on it and it's on private. I think he also made it to follow/keep tabs on his daughter. I came upon it accidentally and felt a little creepy, so I'm not going to spread it around. Again, you didn't miss anything. He didn't even have a photo in his icon.

From what I can remember, he was following his daughter, PSH's son, Nigel Godrich, Kim Morgan, a couple more crew members, and a bunch of camera/tech-y accounts. That's how I knew it was him.

wilberfan

Fair enough.  I can respect that.

But there's a dark corner of my soul, that's...

Drill

See, he should make it an official account! He can let people in a bit, promote his projects better, but still have some "mystery". Not Twitter though, that only leads to trouble.

It's hilarious how many celebrities are following that fan account. Including Reese Witherspoon and Juliette Binoche. Jonah Hill and Boots Riley left comments thinking it was him.

WorldForgot

Personally, I enjoy the curtain parting with occasional film stills and set photos until the inevitable enigmatic teaser.

PTA is doing something different than A24 filmmakers, in that sense.

Boffin

So curious about PTA's Instagram now lol. Him using social media is unthinkable to me. I wonder what his profile picture is. Lol.

Tdog

Quote from: Boffin on February 01, 2020, 09:36:48 AM
So curious about PTA's Instagram now lol. Him using social media is unthinkable to me. I wonder what his profile picture is. Lol.

I really don't want to know about his private life to be honest.