The 2010 Xixax Awards: NOMINATE!

Started by MacGuffin, January 11, 2010, 03:55:45 PM

Stefen

I gave up on trying to catch up. I'm just going to start earlier next year. Go to the cinema more and stop wasting my time watching shit at home.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gold Trumpet

To reassert, everyone remember Joaquin Phoenix and James Gray for Two Lovers.

Also, I like how a "Top Film of the Decade" is at the end of list of things to vote on. I say next year we do one for top films of the 90s and continue in descending order through the decades with every year. Will be a nice thing to compliment the yearly awards. We could even add a second award like "Top Director of the Decade" as a cherry to the awards. Wouldn't hurt. If people complain about counting more votes, these adds on could kill a few of minor awards in the yearly show that few people even vote on.

Alexandro

Director of the decade is actually more interesting because we would be judging a body of work. I was thinking about that when trying to come up with a top 25 of the decade and how it would be easier to do it on filmmakers alone. we should do it next time. next decade i mean. ha.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I'd like to lobby this for worst movie of 2009, if not alone because of its concept, but also for its execution. Packed to the gills with generic, yet grotesquely catchy tunes and is an overall insipid work:

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

polkablues

Please remember these amazing posters when putting together your ballots:

My house, my rules, my coffee

Pas

don't forget this one too (for poster I mean, haven't seen the film yet) :

polkablues

ONE MORE DAY!

Vote, you glorious bastards!

modage

I'm still awaiting ballots from (but not limited to) the following members...

Gamblour
Ghostboy
Gold Trumpet
Hedwig
I Love A Magician
Jeremy Blackman
JG
Kal

:waving:  And I know the other admins are waiting on quite a few as well.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

Stefen
RK
Ravi
Squints
socketlevel
samsong
Silias
Sleepless
Tictacbeekay
...and various others!

I have at least nine bullets, and they all have FACE written on them.  I'll be waiting out back.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Kal

Lots of people left to vote uh... any chance this will be extended for a week or so?

I can send an incomplete ballot today but if I have another week I may see a couple of films and be able to complete it.

Gold Trumpet

I'm going to try to get a half ass ballot in before I go to bed later tonight, but an extra week would be beneficial. I could see a few extra films and make my vote count a little more.

Fuck it, too tired.

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

picolas

gamblour: great find
gt: seriously?!?!?!??! you have a day.