Subjects for future Paul films

Started by Vicko99, April 07, 2019, 09:10:43 PM

Alethia

Anyone else kinda hopin for a return to Scope?

Something Spanish

i don't care who's in it, what it's about, what aspect ratio, etc. just happy he's going to have another movie out by 2020 (if this rumor is true). hands down my favorite working director. on that note, i have not revisited one of his movies in easily over a year.

kingfan011

Quote from: eward on April 22, 2019, 04:52:08 PM
Anyone else kinda hopin for a return to Scope?

I would love a return to scope.

The only thing that makes me a bit suspicious about this rumor is only because I thought I heard PTA's LP Daniel Lupi is on West Side Story which doesn't shoot til later in the year.

Alethia

That's true! Many of my colleagues from The Joker are working on WSS and I'm pretty sure they are very close to shooting if they haven't started already.

Tdog

PTA said thst the California drought was scary to him and then in an unrelated interview said he waa working on something that was set more in wide spaces. So maybe water infrastructure and rainfall locations would be the backdrop of his next picture?

THere Will be Blood......with water instead of oil.

Alethia

Man, see how this place lights up with even the slightest murmurings of PTA news?  :yabbse-smiley:

pynchonikon

Quote from: Tdog on April 23, 2019, 06:32:20 AM
PTA said thst the California drought was scary to him and then in an unrelated interview said he waa working on something that was set more in wide spaces.

I' m pretty sure I recall him saying in an interview for PT last year that the whole shooting process in England made him feel homesick, and that we should probably expect him to return back to California for his next film. But he could very well change his mind, afterall he may be working on more than one screenplay.

Sleepless

Quote from: Tdog on April 23, 2019, 06:32:20 AM
PTA said thst the California drought was scary to him and then in an unrelated interview said he waa working on something that was set more in wide spaces. So maybe water infrastructure and rainfall locations would be the backdrop of his next picture?

THere Will be Blood......with water instead of oil.

This really appeals to me. There's no way he would repeat himself, so this new thing would be something entirely new and different, but there's so much potential with what he could do with this. And talk about a topic that would resonate with Academy voters. Of course, PTA's not going to produce a typical "Oscars issue" film, but it could just be the perfect storm of elements which could finally see him with a chance of getting the awards recognition that's evaded him so far.

Although, on the other hand, it could be the perfect opportunity for him to reteam with Sandler and just call it Water Boy 2.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Alethia

He should remake The Master with Sandler as Freddie and Reilly as Lancaster Dodd.

Tdog

Quote from: eward on April 23, 2019, 08:36:58 AM
He should remake The Master with Sandler as Freddie and Reilly as Lancaster Dodd.
Adam Scott as John Moore
And Will Ferrell as Peggy!

Drenk

Remember when Sean Penn was supposed to be in Inherent Vice? (Neither did I.) Well, it's probably gonna be Sean Penn for the new one. Eward wins.

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/sean-penn-might-do-pynchon-for-paul-thomas-anderson/?ex_cid=grantland33

EDIT: Yep, missed the post where eward said exactly the same thing.
Ascension.

Tdog

Quote from: Drenk on April 24, 2019, 10:30:02 AM
Remember when Sean Penn was supposed to be in Inherent Vice? (Neither did I.) Well, it's probably gonna be Sean Penn for the new one. Eward wins.

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/sean-penn-might-do-pynchon-for-paul-thomas-anderson/?ex_cid=grantland33

EDIT: Yep, missed the post where eward said exactly the same thing.
Eh am I missing something? What is pointing to Penn over anyone else?

Drenk

The name has probably been mentioned in this thread, we're just guessing since Penn almost worked with PTA twice.
Ascension.

Tdog

Quote from: Drenk on April 24, 2019, 11:19:58 AM
The name has probably been mentioned in this thread, we're just guessing since Penn almost worked with PTA twice.
Ok. I think it's Franco.

pynchonikon

Sean Penn nowadays, only for a supporting role. Self destructive and really badly aged. The times he was great have passed. Unless there is a very special story that would take full advantage of his persona, letting him now to carry a PTA movie upon his shoulders, is pure madness. And he was never considered to play the lead role in any of his films, anywise.