The worst films you love?

Started by Dtm115300, January 15, 2005, 03:39:37 PM

Dtm115300

What are some of the films that you know were terrible, but you still lovw them and watch them anyway?

- Killer Klowns From Outer Space
- Mortal Kombat

soixante

Charles Bronson movies like Kinjite, Death Wish 3 and The Mechanic, along with the Richard Gere version of Breathless, The Fan with Robert DeNiro and Ishtar.
Music is your best entertainment value.

Myxo

Gold Trumpet

Steven Segal movies, especially the early ones. I've seen them all and even noticed a trend......supporting characters in Harrison Ford's vehicle film The Fugitive came from Steven Segal movies and worst, played almost exactly the same type of character. Alone, in Under Seige, you have four. The conspiracy doesn't end there and is bigger than what one would imagine. All I'm trying to imagine is why the fuck I care. But I'll go on watching Segal movies and The Fugitive looking for more supporting characters. I'm sure they all are there somewhere in the background.

matt35mm

Oh my gosh, Bloodsport!  YES!  That's one of mine as well.

I can't decide if Billy Madison is a good movie or a bad movie... because I love it so much.  But if it is a bad movie, then I guess that counts (but I think I might just love it because it actually is a good movie).  I love it so much that my judgment is a bit hazy on its quality.

There are movies like Lost and Delirious that have really lame moments, but they're done with such earnestness that I get sucked in and so Lost and Delirious is one of my favorites, even though I can tell that there are times that it's just super mushy lame stuff.

That's all I can think of for now.

Two Lane Blacktop

That's a tough question...  a lot of my favorite films are considered "bad" by some people.  Two of my favorite directors are Larry Cohen and Dario Argento; Argento gets a little more respect than Cohen, but plenty of folks would consider both of them to be bad directors.  

That said, the movies I like even though *I* consider 'em bad:  The Fast And The Furious (the new one),  Tombs Of The Blind Dead; Death Bed: The Bed That Eats; Can't Stop The Music; Logan's Run; Death Race 2000; Rock 'N' Roll High School.

2LB
Body by Guinness

Two Lane Blacktop

Quote from: Myxomatosis

Am I the only one who cracks up at seeing LOTR mentioned on the cases of Jackson's old movies?   :-D  My copy of Meet The Feebles has it as well...  I'd love to be a fly on the wall if there were ever a person who bought one of these movies because they liked LOTR, and they sat down to watch it....  

2LB
Body by Guinness

Rudie Obias

i honestly love this movie although pracatically everyone agrees that this a really really bad movie.  i don't care i love it!  it's currently #9 on my top 10 films of all time....

i know it's really bad but i can't stop watching it.  it's always on showtime and i can't bring myself to change the channel.  and besides, it's sinbad at his best!!

hands down the greatest sequel title ever!!!
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Alethia

adventures in babysitting
three ninjas
ernest scared stupid
airborn
half baked
serendipity
cruel intentions
hocus pocus

Myxo

I'll add these to my list as well..

Roadhouse
American Ninja 2
People Under the Stairs
Creepshow
Red Dawn
Short Circuit

MacGuffin

I'm amazed ono didn't get assholier in the thread, but it's too late now to redirect it.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ono

Quote from: ewardadventures in babysitting
three ninjas
ernest scared stupid
airborn
half baked
serendipity
cruel intentions
hocus pocus
One of these things is not like the other.  Cruel Intentions is by no means a bad movie.

And it's my bad, Mac.  I've been engorged engaged in The Office so I haven't been paying attention.

MacGuffin

Quote from: wantautopia?Cruel Intentions is by no means a bad movie.

Neither is Adventures In Babysitting.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

Neither is Ernest Scared Stupid (or any other Ernest film for that matter).

Alethia

yeah i dont consider them bad either, but compared to some of the other films that i love (but for a wholly different reason) they ain't nothin special.  i love them in a way i will never love other movies.