Commentary routine

Started by kotte, November 28, 2003, 04:23:50 PM

Gamblour.

Quote from: Ravi
Quote from: meatball
Quote from: NEON MERCURYi listen to the commentary track while watching the film..

Well, I'd usually do this.. but lately, commentaries have been losing my interest unless they are especially well done.

Within the first minute or two you can usually tell whether or not the track will be good.  I turned off the Metropolis commentary quickly because the guy was narrating the action instead of imparting knowledge.

I just watched the 39 Steps, flipped through the commentary a bit, and the same thing here. This was only a minute or so that I listened to, but it was spread over the whole film. At one point she called a coat hook phallic, I had to rewind, listen again, and then turn it off. How stupid.
WWPTAD?

meatball

Pedro

Watch Sodebergh commentaries...they're excellent.  

As for how I watch them...I just sit down and watch it like it's another movie.  If there's something he notes that I want to especially remember or rip off, I'll write it down.

Reinhold

i love monty python commentaries. they just talk about how cheap the movies are.

what i generally do: watch the movie in its normal widescreen thing without the commentary. if there's something that looks really cool, i rewind a bit and hit the sound button on my dvd remote. switches sound modes and the commentary comes on. just hit whatever button you'd hit to switch from "stereo" to "dolby digital 5.1" to "mono" or, in this case, "commentary".
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.