The worst Spielberg flick?

Started by Spike, April 15, 2003, 03:24:55 PM

Spike

What's in your opinion the worst Steven Spielberg-film?
I didn't saw "Sugarland Express" but I think "Hook" is by far his worst.  :twisted:
What do you think?

Spike
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

Alethia

just to get this straight: i am not a spielberg hater.  i think he is a brilliant filmmaker.  but he is still not without his mistakes.  overall, i think hook is his worst (but if hook is ur worst film, then you dont have too much to worry about).  i dont think it would have killed him to skip the lost world (altho i do enjoy some sequences) or 1941 (which i dont think is as bad as its reputation), or hell even temple of doom.  thats about it, methinks.

oh and u havent seen sugarland express?  i have.  its one of his very best films.

xerxes

Ghostboy

Quote from: ewardor hell even temple of doom.  

But Temple Of Doom is brilliant!

I was really young when I saw Hook, and I loved it back then. I see no reason to ruin the memory with a current viewing.

I was trying to think of which of his movies weren't very good, but then I realized there are a huge number I haven't seen. Always, Color Purple, 1941, Sugarland Express and....Jaws. I know, I know, that last one is unforgiveable. On the flip side, I have seen this obscure TV movie he did called Something Evil.

mindfuck

C'mon guys. Hook was a great kids movie. RU-FI-OOOOOOOOOOO. Seriously.

Kev Hoffman

Quote from: xerxeslost world

Dead on.

phil marlowe

Quote from: Kev HoffmanDead on.
totally.

Pubrick

Quote from: Phil Marlowetotally.
indubitably.
under the paving stones.

Duck Sauce

Lost World was the worst IMO, nothing about it was too great to me. On the other hand I loved Hook, creative set.

Grand Epic

I haven't seen 1941 all the way through yet, so I guess I'd have to say The Lost World. It was such a disappointment for me when it came out. I was hoping that Spielberg wasn't losing his touch, but then he made up for it the next year with Saving Private Ryan.

Cecil

i really HATED amistad, lost world, and most of saving pvt ryan

Teddy

Quote from: cecil b. dementedi really HATED amistad, lost world, and most of saving pvt ryan

Saving Private Ryan is one of his best films.  How could you hate it?

Anyway, I agree with all of you who said THE LOST WORLD was the worst.  It is the worst, but its still not bad.  I think HOOK is brilliant, by the way.
"I saved Latin.  What did you ever do?"

Cecil

Quote from: TeddySaving Private Ryan is one of his best films.  How could you hate it?

the opening war scene is amazing, and the end war scene is not that bad, but since the first is so perfect, it makes it seem boring. all the crap in the middle i didnt like. and that stupid bookend thing with old matt damon was just terrible. thats why i hate it

Keener

Halloween 5: The Curse of Michael Myers. He ain't fooling me with that Dominique Othenin-Girard alias.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

Ghostboy

Cecil's pretty right about Saving Private Ryan. Incredible beginning, great ending, and a handful of really good sequences in between. The rest of the movie is okay, but nothing really special, and those godawful book ends leave the entire movie in a bad light. I cringe just thinking about them.

The Thin Red Line was the best war movie that year. And possibly one of the best of all time.